Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luvmyson24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 09:36 AM
    How do I go about getting my child support payments to not go through support collect
    My child support is currently collected through NYS support collections agency. I have had major issues with them. They are currently holding my child support for 30 days because they need to make "accounting adjustments" to my account. The non-custodial parent is 5 months ahead on his support so the money is there, they just won't release it to me. How can I get my payments to not go through them anymore? My child support order states that my support will be paid through support collections. Do I have to have the order changed?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2010, 09:41 AM

You would have to go back to the court to have the order changed, but I doubt if they will. I would badger them about why your payments are being held up.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 09:51 AM

Some states allow for child support trust to be set up on accounts so if its paid ahead then the money is given in increments. So it might be set up that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father with no SS# How can I collect Child support? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I still collect child support if the father has no SS#?:confused:

Can I collect on back child support arrears? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a child surpport order that was never paid, but now the father of my children was killed back in 2006 left oweing a lot of back child support

Can you collect child support from someone on ssi [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if its true that if some one is on ssi you can't collect child support! The father of my children is taking me to court to get the support stopped because he is on ssi! Please I need an answer asap! Thanks so much!

How to collect child support from an enlisted Marine [ 4 Answers ]

I am needing to know how to establish child support for my daughter. Her father is currently a Master Gunnery Sgt in the Marine Corps currrently stationed in our home town of Chicago. He is not cooperative in areas of financial support or physically assisting with the responsibilities of being a...

Can I collect back child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old sons father has been incarcerated in another state since before he was born. At the time of our divorce, the court ordered him to pay child support. I called the child support office and they said my ex does have an arrears of several thousand dollars. Can I still collect...

View more questions Search