Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nursepeggysue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 08:03 PM
    40 percent kidney function
    My kidney function is 40 percent after 34 years of high calcium and vitamin d intake. I will have to take these medications I know damage kidneys for the rest of my life.
    I guess my question is how long will that life be? I have hypoparathyroidism since thyroid cancer removal at 17. If anyone can give me some idea I would really appreciate it.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
    What has your doctors said?They know what your diagnosis is,how you have reacted to the medications up to this point, I am sorry you are going through this,but how can we answer this question?Even the professional healthcare people on here would balk at answering this.. it would all be speculation and most likely wrong.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:47 PM

My mom started dialysis nearly two years ago. Her kidney function was down to 15. She has to stay on a strict diet and her fluid intake is limited.

She does great and she is older than you. All the medications she was taking before this is now given to her through the dialysis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percent changes [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me out with this? On December 31, 1995, there were an estimated 411 prison inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. This number rose to an estimated 476 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents by December 31, 2002. a.What percentage of the U.S. population were prison inmates at the...

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common [ 2 Answers ]

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common equity, with no preferred stock. The yield to maturity on the company's outstanding bonds is 9 percent, and its tax rate is 40 percent. Percy's CFO estimates that the company's WACC is 9.96 percent. What is Percy's...

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

Adding percent [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to add percentages to money value. Example: 2006 Last quarter sales of $4,000,000, will increase by 3%, 4%, 6% and 5%

Checking kidney function after donation [ 2 Answers ]

I am sorry if this is the wrong section, but none seemed to fit. I donated a kidney to a friend almost 5 years ago at UCLA. I researched the living sh*t out of the surgery and stats on living kidney donors at the time, and found no reason to worry. They were almost nonchalant about it and never...

View more questions Search