Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tprukop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Remote led works but fan doesn't work
    While working, I pulled the upper chain on my ceiling fan and the light and fan stopped working. I pulled the chain again and nothing happened. The LED light on the ceiling fan remote lights up when buttons are pushed. Nothing happens when I push the buttons.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2010, 12:24 PM

Check the dip switches. If they match, the receiver may have failed. You can open the fan at the ceiling, remove the receiver, and wire the fan without it.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Harbor breeze light works on remote but not fan on remote [ 3 Answers ]

The Harbor Breeze remote does not operate the fan. It only operates the light.

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

Remote control does not work light but works fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote control hampton bay fan. The remote control operates the fan but not the light. Will not turn the light on or off or dim it. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search