Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gohollis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Can one employer pay one person both W2 wages & 1099 contract amt in one year
    Can one employer pay a person both W2 wages and 1099 contract labor pay in the same year?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 05:50 PM

Hello go:

Sure, but not for the same job. If you did other work for him, you may be paid differently for that work. What did you do? That'll help.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 05:53 PM

If they do different duties, where one is as an employee and the other is as a independent contractor.

A person who runs the cash register may come in at night as a contractor to wax the floors

A person who does book keeping may also work in sales as a 1099
    gohollis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello go:

Sure, but not for the same job. If you did other work for him, you may be paid differently for that work. What did you do? That'll help.

excon
    Play organ/piano for worship services, choir rehearsal, specific services i.e. Christmas Eve is W2 wage and playing for memorial services and other requested services is paid on 1099 (no deductions.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 06:06 PM

If they are doing the other services as a contractor, are is this still an employee or not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is temporary 1099 contract work allowed in PA while drawing unemployment if wages are [ 2 Answers ]

Is temporary 1099 contract work allowed in PA while drawing enemployment if wages are declared and no unemployment benefits are claimed on those weeks.

Best to pay an amt. To each credit card or pay two off completely [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. We have about $2,000 to use towards our credit card debt. We have several cards, all closing in on their limit. Which of the following would be best: 1. This amount will pay off two, possibly three or close to three cards (one of the cards would be for a home improvement store that...

Can my employer really make me pay back minimum wages as a draw? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an inside sales rep and signed a simple contract stating I would get a three month draw of 2000 per month. I woul have to meet a certain level of production to get the 2000 or else I would receive a $1000.00 draw. I have been there for 11 weeks and I have received to paychecks based solely...

W2 & 1099 for wages [ 2 Answers ]

Can a employer issue a w2 & 1099 for wages on a independent contractor turned employee. And an employee turned independent contractor in the same year receiving a w2 & 1099 for wages.

One year on job & now employer conducting criminal check [ 14 Answers ]

I've been on my job for over a year and now my employer asked me to fill out a criminal background check.. I have a felony from 21 years ago.. I omitted on my application that I ever had a arrest record.. what are my options.. go ahead and quit before I get fired? Will I be able to collect...

View more questions Search