Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbuck100 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 20, 2010, 03:40 PM
    What does a black shadow mean in a dream
    My sister is in the hospital and not doing well at all. I had a dream something was pushing my head down and I woke up and seen a black figure fly out the window?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 04:14 PM

Dream Moods: Your Dream Symbol Interpretation says that

"To see you own shadow in your dream, signifies an aspect of yourself which you have not acknowledged or recognized. It may be a quality about yourself or a part of you that you are rejecting or want to keep hidden.�These qualities may not necessary be negative, but can be creative ones. Alternatively, the dream may mean that you are in someone else's shadow. You are constantly being overlooked and are fed up with it.
    To see a shadowy figure in your dream, represents characteristics which you have not acknowledged or incorporated into your own personality. Alternatively, it symbolizes the young, the helpless or the under-developed. "

"To dream that you are pushed or being pushed, suggests that you are being coerced into doing something. You are facing a lot of pressure. Alternatively, the dream implies that you do not have enough time to complete a task. You strive for perfection."

Don't know what else to say as I don't know much on the subject, but maybe you feel like you don't have enough time with your sister and you feel helpless like you can't do anything to help make her better. This conclusion coming from the parts I highlighted in blue.

Best of luck to you and your sister!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 06:13 PM

It means you had a dream. Nothing more... nothing less.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It means you had a dream. Nothing more...nothing less.
    A dream is just a dream.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 07:07 PM

Oh come on guys lets not be so cynical... it was posted under paranormal activity. Who are you to say if something paranormal is true or not?
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Oh come on guys lets not be so cynical...it was posted under paranormal activity. Who are you to say if something paranormal is true or not?
    Not being cynical... I'm stating what I believe... my opinion.
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 25, 2010, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Oh come on guys lets not be so cynical...it was posted under paranormal activity. Who are you to say if something paranormal is true or not?
    I have to agree with Gernald on this one. This section is, after all, titled Paranormal Phenomena.

Of course we all have to remember that although we may not agree with someone's answer, we can respect their difference of opinion.

Some people believe in dream interpretation, some do not. For those who do, Gernald has posted a great response.

Wishing you ALL a great day.:D
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 12:02 PM

Hospitals are lonely places at night. OP you were dreaming and your not seeing things. Stress can make you feel and even make you think you see things. I think you weren't fully awake and you were still dreaming.
    Hope your sister is okay!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black shadow in my picture [ 9 Answers ]

My husband took 2 pictures of my dogs and cat laying on the couch. In both, is a black shadow sitting with them. I have also found a picture I took 4 days later of my granddaughter with the same type of shadow next to her. I have done everything to debunk the shadows to no avail. I have used this...

Black shadow seen by several people in my home [ 3 Answers ]

There is a black shadow seen by myself two sons, and my boyfriend several times, my cats act funny, the shadow runs from my boyfriend usually tries to be around me mostly and secondly my oldest son, should we be worried are we in danger

Black Shadow Figure in my House [ 61 Answers ]

Help please! I have been living in this house for 2 years and all of a sudden in the past 4 months or so, I have seen this black shadow figure peeping and looking at me from the corner of my bedroom door in the hallway, it is there long enough for me to see it, I can't see any eyes, but it is a...

Seeing a black shadow being with swords [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is in the marines and is getting deployed soon. He was trying to go to sleep last night when he realized a red light coming from the hallway. Everyone was sleeping except for him. He was scared so he closed his eyes for a few seconds and noticed the light was passed him and heading up...

View more questions Search