Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2006, 05:10 AM
    Credit card account
    Equifax Credit report showed Providian Bank as actived. Which sent me credit cards I did not want, and I sent them back. Since the account was never active or used. It should be removed or closed. As a previous askme member told me.

But here is the problem Providian Bank does not exist any longer
    It was taken over by Washington Mutual . Should I contact Washington
    Mutual about the Providian account

Jeff
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 17, 2006, 05:13 AM
    I certainly would. Also you can file a dispute of the account. I believe there are instructions on all three credit reporting agencies websites. Once you file a dispute the creditor has a month to respond. If they do not, then the item should be purged from your credit report.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Authorized User of Credit Card Account of Deceased - what now? [ 3 Answers ]

Unusual situation perhaps... I am the authorized user on a number of US credit card accounts on which my father was primary cardholder. My father recently passed away overseas (as a dual citizen of US and the country in which he died) and his estate is being handled by the court of the European...

Credit Card debt [ 3 Answers ]

Is it legal for a credit card company (Sears) to garnish your wages? And have access to your bank account? i.e to know when and how much money you deposite in your checking account.

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search