Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jubie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Trying to remember a court case that dealt with prom
    There was a court case a few years ago where a young man invited a girl to the prom. She paid for the dress and other expenses... but at the last minute her date chose to cancel... She sued and won. Does anyone remember the specifics of this case? Such as state, names, etc. I need to research it. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:15 AM

Is this something you saw on TV?

At any rate - happens fairly frequently and you already know the specifics. He invited her, she spent a lot of money, he cancelled - and she sued.

I very much doubt you can find the State and names as it is undoubtedly a Small Claims Court matter. Also, unless you are actually in that State the case you are looking for is meaningless.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jul 20, 2010, 11:46 AM

Not sure why you are researching this but if you are interested in the legal theory behind the case it would be easier to look up "promisory estoppel".
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sideoutshu View Post
    Not sure why you are researching this but if you are interested int he legal theory behind the case it would be easier to look up "promisory estoppel".

(A) It was a case on Judge Judy;
    (B) I would assume there's a similar problem and this isn't a class project.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to recover a deleted email for an upcoming court case. Do I NEED a court order? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that the Google "people" can recover deleted emails with a court order. So does that mean recovery is possible? I need this email for a court case but would like to avoid the hoops of obtaining a court order. Any advice?

Why move a case from "small claims court" to civil court [ 6 Answers ]

I have filed a case, in small claims court, againts a property management company. Why would their lawyer ask to have it moved to civil court

Possible Court Case? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Yesterday I was followed from my residence to a parking garage about 30 miles away. It wasn't until I got to the garage that I realized that the same vehicle that was behind me in my subdivision was behind me in the garage. I panicked! I left the garage and the vehicle followed. I...

Court case [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Can anyone please tell me if a solicitor can attend my court case in the magistrates court on behalf of myself as I'm out of the country for a few years?and also if I don't attend can the police come to another country to arrest me and bring me back for the case? This has been going on for 2...

Court case [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long one. I would really like to hear from someone who really knows the legal system well. This question particularly pertains to the Calvin Harris case in NY. Supposedly what wsa said happened was he killed his wife the day of the terrorists attacks, if you want to...

View more questions Search