Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adityabh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 07:31 AM
    Memorable experiences
    I just want people to share their real memorable experiences, that can be tragic or blissful.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:18 AM

I notice you have two threads on this same topic so you must REALLY need some information.

My husband died after 3-1/2 weeks in and out of a coma, 5 years of progressively bad health, with me holding his hand, smoothing back his hair and telling him it was all right, I would be fine, giving him permission to leave me.

That about says it all.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 02:12 AM

First I want to say to JudyKayTee , my heart goes out to you. To have to go through an ordeal such as yours is beyond words to describe. I experienced a similar one with my mother. You must be a strong lady as well as intelligent.
    My sympathies and God bless you.

I will put one of my most memorable events here that is one of the best times I ever had.

When this took place one of the most popular bands in the US was Vanilla Fudge. They were hard core hippie radicals that ROCKED!
    They were scheduled to appear in a venue that was quite small for a band of their stature meaning it would be a more intimate setting where you would be close enough to be able see well no matter where you were in the building.

The tickets sold out fast but I got mine and was excited big time knowing this would be a big deal to be able to say I was there at the Vanilla Fudge up close and personal concert.

When the day arrived the crowd gathered starting 12 hours before the doors opened. It turned into a gigantic street party. It got to the point the police shut down all the streets in the area which was a big deal because it put a halt to downtown traffic and made a big deal on the local news and was too much fun.

Jump ahead to the start of the concert.
    Nobody had heard much or anything about the warm up band. Or cared for that matter. We were there to see Vanilla Fudge!
    A tradition at that time was when the lights went out for the beginning of the show , everybody lit up a joint. It looked like the whole place caught fire. It was quite a sight.

So it was only a few minutes now, but we knew we had to tolerate whoever the hell the warm up was but that gave us time to " get ready" and "red eyed" because nobody paid any attention to the new on the scene bands that most often you forgot the name before they were finished with their set.

The lights went off... the fire storm blazed across the auditorium , the place filled with marijuana smoke and they announced the name of the first band! Who the hell was Led Zepplin! Cool name but who cares?
    That attitude changed in about three minutes. They had that whole place rocking and the undivided attention of everyone which had never happened with a warm up band.
    But we saw it. One of Led Zepplins first time in front of a crowd.

They were beyond impressive. Unimaginable at least. Three encores.

Vanilla Fudge was no disappointment , a great performance.
    And when they came out for their encore Led Zepplin also came back out.
    Both bands jamming at once was awesome. And they were getting into it.

After about an hour the security guards started to try to get people to leave. That was funny , nobody was leaving.

When they approached the stage to try and get them to stop playing people blocked the path and it was impossible to get them close.

Finally at about 3 am they had gathered almost the entire police force and fire department on the area armed with flashlights.

Then they cut the power to the entire building.
    The music finally stopped, and enormous numbers of cops with lights finally got the people to start leaving the building.

That was a memorable concert.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 06:52 AM

Thank you for your kind words - concerts to remember.

I was living in NY and the BeeGees were in Town. I know, WASP music. Anyway, I was entranced, a HUGE fan (still am), got tickets and THEN my date (whose firm did some of their legal work) said he could get back stage passes. I was delirious. We went back stage, got shuffled into a line (some other people from his law firm were there) and the BeeGees went down the line, shaking hands some hands, greeting all of us.

When Barry Gibb was in front of me he said, "Hello," and I replied in a foreign language. I'm not sure what the language was. I might have spoken in tongues. I have no idea. It was between babbling and incoherent. He sort of nodded and went on his way.

My date said something (graciously) to his back to the effect that I was so excited to meet him (Barry). My date was mortified and I looked like I had never gotten off the farm (with apologies to farmers everywhere) before.

I never heard from my date again.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 07:01 AM

I think when I found out my ex cheated on me was a memorable moment. I did the whole crying and snot hanging everywhere. He was all that I knew. I had distance myself from everyone, I was quite a lone and had no one to really turn to. He made it seem as if he did no wrong and well that was the biggest reality check ever.

Well most moms will say this, and it's kind of corny. But when Rachel was born, I remember the pain, the fear, the excitement, the waking up after the c-section and the nurses making me walk when I felt like my body was ripped in half. Seeing her for the first time, all goopy and just so darn beautiful. And having that feeling after it all that I'd do it all over again. :)

I remember when I was a kid, a man chasing after me and a friend, we ran as fast as we could crying. It was very very scary, the only reason we got away is because my someone we knew had stopped, got out of their car and noticed we were in trouble. It was very scary.. Ahh thinking about that makes me scared for Rachel.

I used to have this dog named Kody, he was a Border Collie. I loved that dog I trained him, I kept him clean. I did all I could for that dog as a kid. He would run away but all I would do was whistle and he'd come running back. When I showered he'd shower too. When I slept he slept to. He's be leashless and we'd walk to the store and he'd wait. He was a very good and awesome dog. And I remember crying my head off when my mother got rid of him when I was in school.

I have many memorable moments, so many I'd fill up this entire thread but I think these are my top 4 :)
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 09:01 AM

JudyKayTee. Your BeeGees story was great. I loved the ending... "Never heard from my date again" funny story.

Mudweiser, First I like the name you picked. Mudweiser is cool.

You have an accurate and descriptive way of putting some things, " The whole crying and snot hanging everywhere"
    Cracked me up!

I hope we all have many more memorable moments and they all keep getting better.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 1, 2010, 06:37 AM
    I believe Im quite fortunate, and as a result of this I have also had numerous memorable experiences, however apart from my partner arranging our wedding as a total surprise to myself, which was awesome to put it mildly.

Another Memorable Experience came in 2005, My First time on a plane, also my first time on American soil, and what soil it was too, Miami South Beach, for the Ultra Music Festival March 2005, followed by a Guided tour of Miami many parts of it too, before coming back home, I loved Miami, it seemed so clean so organised, and such awesome buildings and Skyscrapers so tall its a wonder they dont fall down in a bad wind lol, we have none anywhere near as tall as those in England.

If any sight has left me awestruck it was landing in Miami from England to such and amazing landscape. Out of this World.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 06:52 AM

Hello:

I can't remember yesterday, but I felt like I was sitting in the audience with martinizing...

excon
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I can't remember yesterday, but I felt like I was sitting in the audience with martinizing...

excon
    I would not be a bit surprised if you were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ANGEL Experiences [ 33 Answers ]

I would like to hear about peoples stories about angels. What do you believe? Do you believe in angels, why? Have you had an personal experience. Would love to hear all your thoughts and personal stories. Thanks in advance. Joe

Paranormal experiences? [ 1 Answers ]

Well at my old house I had a couple experiences that were odd. I saw my aunt walk into her room and then a couple minutes later she came home from her boyfriends house and no one was in her room. Every time I was on the computer I would see a shadow and feel like someone's behind me. I would turn...

What experiences have others had while using moldavite [ 2 Answers ]

I had reccently purchased a piece of moldavite.I was told to purchase this meteor stone that I had never heard about from my 8 year old daughter.she was told by spirits that she sees and talks to. When I use it I have a feeling of leaving my body and traveling to spiritual realms and place of...

View more questions Search