Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mokgahle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 05:43 AM
    Whitening Creams
    Used Skin Clear ( whitening cream) for oser a year now, Now I want to stop using it but I become more darker than I was before using.. Need help on how to resolve this problem with No such effects of becoming too darker
    Diamondeyes10 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
    Sorry… but the bad thing is once you start something and it lightens your color or stops the production of melanin in your skin the only way to keep the achieve color is to use another product that continues to stop the production of melanin in your skin. I kind of wish I never started this because now unless I want to get darker than I was before I will have to use creams or products until the end! It's sooo depressing but I love the color I saw myself get to or I know I can become so it's actually worth it if you find a good product that doesn't harm you skin in the long run. Products that do not contain mercury, steroids or hydroquinone. It's okay to use them short term and to me that's less than 2 months but once you achieve that color or get half way there switch to products like Makari, Fair and Flawless, O'tentika or hyper-crème.
    Mokgahle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:00 AM

Thanks for the Honest answer, I regret the day I started this but otherwise will try to get one of the products mentioned...

Aug 12, 2010, 12:32 PM

Hey... I am using a gel that has lightened my skin tremendously in 3 weeks. I'm still not the color I used to be when I used Hydroquinone and it seems as if your lightening cream probably contained HQ too. But I have lightened a couple of shades and I'm loving my newly renewed skin tone. Oh and I avoid the sun at all cost!! And I still want to be a lot lighter but it's a GREAT start! I am using Neoprosone Vit-C gel with arbutin. If you Google it you can find many sellers and it cost anywhere from $3 to $4 dollars a tube. The tubes are a little small so if I want to use it over your entire body you will have to buy about 4 tubes which will last a month. And I use it twice daily after each shower. It is a good product in my opinion. And maybe the results will last if you stop but I haven't tried that yet. You will also see other Neoprosone products. The Neoprosone Cream contains HQ and the Neoprosone Gel Forte contains 2 steroids. I also have the Neoprosone Gel Forte but I will not use it until I buy Retin-A .1% to combat the steroid side effects. But I heard it does a marvelous job!
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 12, 2010, 07:43 PM

The only reason you got darker when you stopped using the cream is because of sun exposure. Without it your skin doesn't produce more melanin then you naturally had to begin with. Try to stay out of the sun and use sun protection.

Aug 12, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Hmmm... I really don't think that was the case. I use sun protection (just switched to Neutrogena SPF100+) and I use an umbrella each time I walk out of a building and get out of the car faithfully. So what else could I do to protect myself from the sun?
    And I am doing the same thing now that I did then but am using the Neoneoprosone gel with vita- C and my skin looks radiant. I was admiring it tonight!! JUST LOVELY!! :D I also heard the Neoneoprosone with vita- C lotion is great too but it's always out of stock! :(
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Aug 12, 2010, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeyes10 View Post
    Hmmm...... I really don't think that was the case. I use sun protection (just switched to Neutrogena SPF100+) and I use an umbrella each time I walk out of a building and get out of the car faithfully. So what else could I do to protect myself from the sun?
    And I am doing the same thing now that I did then but am using the Neoneoprosone gel with vita- C and my skin looks radiant. I was admiring it tonight!!! JUST LOVELY!!! :D I also heard the Neoneoprosone with vita- C lotion is great too but it's always out of stock!! :(
    I have used a lightening lotion and later stopped.Yes I did get dark... but I did not get darker than my original colour.Even despite the fact that I didn't use sunscreen at all.
    I have seen people who get dark when the stop... and dark in a "strange"way.Say dull looking dark like they r under stress and pressure... and do you know what I realised?
    Most... if not all used steroid based creams.
    Those creams... movate,tempovate,Bio Claire,Fashion Fair... and your neoprosone have a way of punishing us later on.
    These steroid based creams destroy the skin and when you stop them,for your skin to repair itself,in some instances has to over produce melanin.But it what you use does not destroy your skin,there will be no reason to become darker... Just a myth.

Aug 13, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Yea... …I can see that happening. The creams I was using and then stopped had only Hydroquinone in then. They were: Esoterica, Nadolina and Fair & White Gel Crème Strong Bleaching Treatment. I used these products over a 5 year period with GREAT results. Then I stopped maybe two months ago to start using more natural products and in less than a month I got darker. And I was using protection from the sun. Now the Neoprosone Vit-C gel that I am currently using is “supposed” to be more natural not containing steroids, mercury or Hydroquinone. The Neoprosone Vit-C gel ingredients are: Ingredients: Water, propylen, glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, glycerin, alpha-arbutin, phenoxyethanol, vitamin E, retinol, palmitate vitamin-C, methylparaben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben BHT. Active Ingredient: ARBUTINE. But as I just researched phenoxyethanol is looking a little shady. But it is commonly used in skin creams and sunscreens. Wow… I guess the best way of finding out about each ingredient in the products we try and use is to Google every last product!! It looks like every skin lightening product contains some form of Parabens which can cause some from of heath risk and can be somewhat toxic. This is scary! :(

And the Neoprosone Gel Forte (without the Vit-C) does contain 2 steroids: Betamethasone and Neomycin Sulphate and should be for medical use only prescribed by doctors and they stated that it should be avoided to use as skin lighteners. Now you know this one has some potent ingredients if it could make someone attain significant lightening in just one week and they noted that they were TOOOO light.

I also read that if you use most of the lightening products with Retin-A it will help combat these negative side effects that can in time destroy the body.

Well I guess we are, “Damned if we do and Damned if we don’t!

Aug 13, 2010, 08:56 AM

Sometimes these people who manufacture these products capitalise on our ignorance !
    They put steroids in a product then call it some 'strange' name.
    They put HQ in a product and then use the name many people do not know.It is not until like 2months ago that I reaslied that Fair and White exclusive had HQ in it... but goes with the name... what is it again? Some long name with numbers in it.
    The so much acclaimed Bio Claire... hmm... what the heck is Natual Bio Vegetal activator?? smh
    We have to be careful.Neoprosone does have steroids girl.Don't use it.
    If HQ is not abused that is-the right dose and used for not more that 6months straight... it is safe!
    At the moment,I am using F&W exclusive and its been 3months.I am going to switch to something natural by November and use it for say another 6months.Makari is my choice as of now.Its pricey but it is worth it.I wouldn't even need to use it everyday.Just like 4 times a week and the other days I will be using... still to find.

Aug 13, 2010, 09:38 AM

So... I guess you are saying the Neoprosone Vit-C gel does have steroids in it even though it's not stated in the ingredients. And the one (Neoprosone Gel Forte) that does state it has steroids in it really does. LOL! That is crazy! Why would they state it on one but not the other? Would it really make a difference? I guess I need to get them both tested. I'm so sick of this. :mad: HQ isn't safe and the other ones aren't either. And I was using Makari for a little over a month and saw no results but an ugly white haze over my skin! So I guess my next thing is to try Fair & Flawless 5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel or Tonique. I heard GREAT reviews on both so what the heck!

Read the review below. Golden Girl stated “This is an honest and unbiased review done for the products of Fair & Flawless and Tonique Skin Care. I decided to write this review based on the experiences of others along with the stigma and false claims marketed from advertisers in order to confuse potential customers. Sellers nor marketers should be able to profit from one's curiosity of what is effective and what is not. For those who are interested in trying one or the other, or both, but would like to learn more information about them first feel free to read as well as share your positive and negative experiences.

Fair & Flawless pH5.5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel:
    Original cost was estimated around $200 and currently on sale for $99.97; 4 oz (on sale perhaps due to the prices of Tonique's products).

Ingredients: Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus (no data found on what this is unless also misspelled), White Tea Extract, Allatoin (misspelled word of Allantoin), Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben (misspelled word of Methylparaben), Fragrance.

Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Gel
    (or cream): $99.95, 4 oz

Ingredients: purified sea water, aloe vera gel, ginko biloba extract, ginseng extract, Sepiwhite MSH (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), sepicalm VG, Sepinov EMT 10, extracts of watermelon, cucumber, mulberry, marigold & mulethi root, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, glycolic acid, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, propylene glycol, natural fragrance

Both have been proven to give positive results for skin lightening, as well as having their flaws.

Pros:
    *BOTH were supposedly sent to a laboratory to be properly tested and the results were claimed to be equally safe. Free of mercury, steroids, hydroquinone, heavy metals, and toxins. Although, result documentations have not been made visible in order to thoroughly judge either one.

*BOTH possibly contain the lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine also known as the name brand Sepiwhite.

*BOTH has potential to lighten the skin.

*BOTH products have similar lightening ingredients, accept for one containing more of the synthetic lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and the other containing more Kojic Acid.

*Tonique is known to have good customer service, responding quickly, professional, and friendly to customers and potential customers.

Cons:
    *Tonique has given several customers skin irritations, rashes, and negative side effects (possibly due to the high amounts of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and large amounts of Sepiwhite (10x) more than what is required such as 2%).

*Tonique seemed to not have a high successful rate on brown pigmented skin, in comparison to fair pigmented skin.

*BOTH companies have very high prices for very small quantity. Although the cost to make the lightening product is actually inexpensive to make. Tonique is slightly less expensive, and F&F is currently on sale for about the same price.

*Fair & Flawless products tend to lack in consistency and their stability with the formulas. Having caused inconsistency with skin lightening, negative skin reactions such as acid burns, skin thinning, or may have none or minimum lightening results at times. Skin thinning has been reported, possibly due to the high levels of fruit acids and 5% Sepiwhite claimed to contain, in which 2% Sepiwhite is the required amount.

*Fair & Flawless tend to have unstable customer service for their customers and potential customers. Many, including myself, I have spoken with them on several occasions. Phone calls and emails can either be quite friendly or rude, people not receiving a response or response in a rude manner.

I believe more products should honestly be reviewed from previous customers in order for the products to be improved and to have a greater evaluation. Keep in mind that the cost to make these products are much cheaper than they are sold. Personally, I do believe that customers and potential customers do have the choice to say what they would like to see improved or changed. As the saying goes "the customers are always right". Although definitely not always, but this does mean that the customers are there to have needs met and questions answered in order for a product(s) to improve and progress."

Aug 13, 2010, 10:38 AM

That is an interesting review and I agree that we need more honest opinions on what products actually work. The only way that will happen is if we all keep track of our progress and share it with each other.

Aug 13, 2010, 10:59 AM

You are so right MySunshine. I try to inform people when I find out the positives and negatives about a product. It will always be up to that person on if they still want to use a product. But they can't say in the long run that they didn't know. And I am going to ask my pharmacists about the products I am currently using. He will know what these ingredients are. I just hope we all find something that works to our liking and gives us the lightening that we desire! Soon before our skin falls off! LOL

Aug 13, 2010, 11:08 AM

Lol That's funny!

The other thing I noticed is that when looking at old photos of myself I have lightened quite a bit. But everyday I keep thinking I am not getting results, when all I need to do is compare photos from 3 years ago and photos taken in the last few months.

I have definitely progressed a lot but I have used so many products that I can't tell which one did it lol

Anyway, I am uploading photos onto an online album (of course it will be password protected) and Ill give the password to people I trust on here.

It would be nice to be able to talk with others who are going through the same thing (maybe through email or phone) just to relate to because it can be really lonely to not be able to talk to someone about what your going through with your skin. Since it's not something that is widely talked about - I wouldn't complain to my family or close friends lol They would tell me that I didn't need to change my color and that I was beautiful lol

Aug 13, 2010, 11:32 AM

I totally agree! And I am the same way. I used SOOO many products most had HQ so I know that works on my skin. And communicating with you or others in this same fight would be cool with me. I would NEVER tell the people closet to me what I'm doing. It's all about self-hate or whatever they classify it as being. I just want to get a nice lighter complexion. Maybe not as light as Beyonce's color but a nice skin tone that I am happy with. Maybe like K.D. Aubert's skin tone in this pic: www.superiorpics.com/pictures2/Aubert_sd6.jpg (you will have to copy and paste the link in your address bar if it doesn't work when you click on it)

Oh and I can upload my former pics that started when I was very dark (always exposed to the sun since I lived at the beach in college), to lightening tremendously (using HQ) then to stopping those products to find natural ones and darkening A LOT. And lastly to getting back a lighter tone which is where I'm at now but aren't to sure on the product I am using anymore! That's just freaking great!! UGH!!

Aug 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
    @ Diamondeyes
    Lol
    Ask why Fair and White used the common name HQ in the Maxi Tone and then used the name 1, 4-Benzenediol in the Exclusive line..? :rolleyes:
    There surely have a coded name for the steroid in the Neutrotone thing.
    They say... what you don't know won't kill you.lmao
    AIDS doesn't kill.
    It's the knowledge of the fact that one has it that murders.:D

Aug 13, 2010, 01:16 PM

Hold up Girl...
    I may be confused here with Neutrotone and this... God! All these names... I may be wrong when I say there are steroids in it...
    Well,just check again.Keep us posted.

Aug 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Hey Violaename... when you typed Neutrotone where you talking about the Neoprosone Vit-C gel?
    I did post it’s ingredients: (Ingredients: Water, propylen, glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, glycerin, alpha-arbutin, phenoxyethanol, vitamin E, retinol, palmitate vitamin-C, methylparaben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben BHT. Active Ingredient: ARBUTINE.)
    Can you tell me which of those ingredients do you think are steroids?
    I’m like this…if you are going to put a lot of good ingredients (including: alpha-arbutin, castor oil, vitamin E and vitamin C and retinol) in your product that already will lighten the skin why the heck would you throw in steroids. Especially when you have another product that has 2 steroids in it. That doesn’t make any sense! But hopefully I will be able to ask my pharmacists what they think of the product since it will be another month before I go to my doctor again.

Aug 14, 2010, 09:20 AM

Yeah girl... I typed Neutrotone instead.
    Neutrotone has steroids in it.
    My bad! I am Sorry!! lol

Aug 14, 2010, 12:30 PM

Whew... that’s good to know!! LOL! I really like the results from this product. I mean it doesn’t make me as light as the HQ but I was taking that for years! It has made me a nice color in a little less than a month. I just need to find out more about the ingredient in it called phenoxyethanol. When I researched it didn’t have a really good review. Some of the reviews stated it was a bit toxic!! :eek: But it is used in a lot of the lightening products and it isn’t too bad if used in small dosages. But how do you find what dosage they use in these products. :confused: I tell ya………The saga never ends! Things are too good to be true! But it does get an A+++ in my book so far!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kojic Acid? Sure White Cream And Loreal Whitening Creams [ 13 Answers ]

Please Can Someone Help Me Here? I Have Been Using Sure White Cream For Over A Year Now And Honestly It Did Help When I Went On Holidays I Got A Tan Came Back And Stopped Using It Now I Am Using It Again But The Cream Contains Kojic Acid Is That Dangerous? What About The Loreal Creams Are They Any...

Bleaching Creams [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a skin bleaching product that actually works

Skin whitening creams for clear skin? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to whiten my skin for around 2 years. My body has had minimal exposure to sunlight (and some places none at all), but instead of paling, my skin has become clearer. :confused: I can see the arteries on my hands sharply, slightly on my arms and legs, and even faintly around my...

Would skin whitening creams make skin that is red (because of blood) look white? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been wearing pants for two years and a jacket for almost a year (no matter what the weather) so I can pale out. My arms and legs though, are embarrassingly red. Apparently, it's increased blood flow to those areas, and it's a genetic trait of Northern Europeans. I want to use whitening...

View more questions Search