Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pagarwal_in Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
    "green drive' light goes off while driving
    While driving the car, when I apply the brakes or give left/ right turn indicator, then the 'green drive' light in the dashboard goes off for couple seconds and then comes back again. Sometimes, the check engine light also blinks for a second along with green drive light. This is for 2004 Honda accord, EX, 2 door coupe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 08:31 PM

Since this is out of warranty it is going to be on your dime. I would not jump on this until you blow a fuse, I think you have a sporatic short
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 08:32 PM

Pretty weird. I really don't know what to make of it. Have you checked for any codes?

Jul 19, 2010, 08:35 PM

The mechanic has replaced the battery with a new one. It ran well for 50 miles then the problem started agaim. There are no error codes but he said that few monitor are off
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 08:36 PM

What does "few monitor are off" mean

Jul 19, 2010, 08:39 PM

There were no error codes displayed during the diagnoistic but he said that three monitors are off / not ready and it will not pass state inspection. He asked me to drive another 50 miles when the problem started again. Also, if the speed of the car is too slow, the car will just stop, I will have to start the car again and then drive.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Diagnostic might need to be done while driving the car,perhaps it's on a moving part that has the problem which isn't readily apparent while in park.

Jul 19, 2010, 08:51 PM

The gas warning light comes on before it hits 'E'. I see that there is 2 to 3 gallons odf driving left before the fuel indicator will hit 'E'. Is this a problem? Are both the problems - gas warning light and green drive light - related?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 09:10 PM
    Probably not, the warning light for the gas is supposed to come on when you are running low,no running out completely(there would be little gained if it tells you your out when your out,right?)
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Have you gone to more than just one mechanic to remedy this?Opinions like certain body parts,everyone has at least one(perhaps 2)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 10:16 AM

My initial reaction would be to inspect the brake/tail lamps for filiments that have cross-shorted, creating voltage feedback into other circuits.
    You could also have a poor ground point somewhere along on of those related circuits.
    Hands-on is the only recourse with this car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disk Drive green power light blinks 3 times [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is a HP Windows Home Vista. I'm trying to install a game disk. I insert the disk and it starts spinning. It will not compelte the process. Nothing comes up on the monitor. It tries for a very short time then the green light blinks three times. It repeats the 3 x's blinking 3 x's then...

LIGHT UP MY LIFE! - Replacement of a ceiling fan "light" pull chain [ 1 Answers ]

My ceiling fan pull chain just broke, but it's the one for the main light in the ceiling fan, not the fan itself. Combined, there are 3 pull chains on this old thing - 1 for the fan blades, 1 for the 4 outer smaller light fixtures, and 1 for a large center globe-type light. This latter one, the...

USB hard drive as "C" drive [ 4 Answers ]

Can I make an image of my existing hard drive on a new external drive, then fix the BIOS so the external drive is the "C" drive?

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search