Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicky Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2003, 03:18 PM
    Divorced men only, please
    Hi

MEN only please.

I've been involved with a wonderful person for 2 years now. We have a very similar background. We're both divorced, have a child each (boys) and never take each other for granted. We both work hard at communicating our differences. While he's pretty much almost perfect and he never takes advantage of my love. I believe he's afraid of marriage. I can understand this since hes' recently divorced but has been separated for 2 years. He's been with his ex for 17 years and they remain friends. They are both mature adults and I even like her. However once while the subject came up I asked him if he would ever consider marriage and he said maybe but it's only a piece of paper. Being happy is what's more important. While I agree with him on most of what he said I'm a bit old fashion and with a child marriage would just be more of something meaningful and healthy. I'm 28 years old, very independent, educated, successful (modeling) so my goal in life isn't to get married. However I've never wanted anything more to work than I do with this relationship. He's told me that I've been the best thing that's ever happened to him. Yet I feel the same. He's told me that he feels like he's hit the jackpot with me. I feel the same. These are just a few words he's said to me when the opportunity was there but his actions are what I go by. That's why I do what I do for him. From all the great he does for me I just wonder will this beautiful man ever consider me as his wife someday or would fear overwhelm the idea. I've been there already at young age and I know what it takes to have something healthy and special. I want that with this person and even though he showers me with genuine love is marriage in a man's head after a divorce?
    MrAdams Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2003, 07:19 PM
    divorced men only, please
    I am a divorced male soon to be remarried I have 3 wonderful children with my ex wife.. her and I still have a fairly good relationship as do her and my new fiance'for me marriage again was not an option at one point the fear that I would never be good enough for someone was overwhelming to me more than anything I was afraid to fail despite knowing that my first marriage was more or less a marriage of convenience still I was concerned of this through time and love from the right woman my mind changed it was not an easy task but nevertheless it changed I could not promise you as to why he may fear the issue but in time I'm sure his mind will change if he loves you and as long as you continue to be understanding of his needs he will continue to be a good man to you don't be afraid to discuss your views with him but don't over do it.. he is a man more than likely faced with the reality of his failure and has to come to terms with that but as I said I can't promise that to be the reason but from personal experience I think that Good luck from what you said in your question you guys seem to have a good relationship don't give that up and in time things may change

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is he divorced? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister-in-law filed for divorce from my brother about 2 years ago. My brother never signed any papers or cooporated with her lawyer. Now he decides he wants to marry again. How and where would he go to find out if he is divorced, without having to contact his ex, so he can remarry?

Still not divorced [ 7 Answers ]

I have been seeing a man for over a year now. He has been separated from his wife for over a year and a half. They are going for a dissolutionment, but not has happened yet. How long should I wait for a commitment? I know he does not love her, but how can I speed things up?

Divorced But Together: What If One Dies? [ 11 Answers ]

I am divorced but we are together as a couple and have been since shortly after the divorce was final back in 1994. Question, we own a house jointly and my husband has a 401K and we both have life insurance policies naming each other as beneficiaries. If one of us is to die, and being that we...

Divorced for 1 Year [ 2 Answers ]

North Carolina resident, divorce was uncontested, he did not ever appear in court or respond to any atty notices, divorce was final 2/28/05 now he says he can have the divorce reversed and seize all property, he also threatens to sue me for mental anguish. His newest threat is to sue my boyfriend...

Divorced? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to see if my friend really is divorced without paying for detective fees? Are there data bases to view?:confused:

View more questions Search