Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 12:12 AM
    Hi, ceilingfanrepair!

Unfortunately, other than the Crafts forum topic area, Furniture is about as close as we get here to post things concerning woodworking and carpentry. Might be room for one or two more topic areas...

My first thought on the removal of the adheasive substances would be to use heat, like from a heat gun, to make them softer so that a very sharp wood chisel could be used to cut and scrape or maybe use a single edge razor blade for cutting. Softening them should also help with the removal of any wood pieces that are joined together by them.

Thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 12:20 PM

AND it has cable. If you are anywhere near Madison, WI, you can come use it, although I've gotten it pretty well full. The whole space is double, I share it with a guy who restores vintage cars.

Yeah, I've gotten all the wood removed. Now I just need to remove all the glue residue, as well as strip and refinish the cabinet, and 3 other cabinets like it.

Buying enough 1 gallon jugs of zip strip or the like will cost way too much, I am hoping someone sells it in bulk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rubber Cement Glue on Wood! [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get Elmer's Rubber Cement Glue off wood? My daughter was scrapbooking and put her finished sheets on our wood desk and the rubber cement glue came through the sheets and is now on the desk.:( Thanks for any help! JPT

Carpentry/Woodworking... Removing silicone glue and wood glue [ 5 Answers ]

My apologies if this is not the correct forums. I couldn't find a carpentry or woodworking forums. Feel free to point me there. I have a Leslie speaker cabinet I am refinishing. It is plywood with veneer. Someone has glued a bunch of boards inside the cabinet that are in the way and blocking...

Removing flooring glue from hard wood installation [ 6 Answers ]

We just installed new hardwood flooring. We have used two different types of flooring adhesive. The first was the only one sold at Lowe's and comes up from the flooring where it has been spread easily, add water and the swipe of a cloth. The other adhesive was purchased when we ran out of the...

Glue rising from between wood slabs [ 1 Answers ]

My contractor installed an engineered wood several months ago. Recently I noticed that glue is coming up between the slabs in some areas. I hadn't noticed this before. Why is this happening and can it be removed? Thanks

Getting tape glue off wood furniture [ 3 Answers ]

The movers put packing tape on my wood furniture. The backing(glue) remaind on my furniture when I removed the tape. How do I remove it without destroying my furniture? Thank you so much. Kathy

View more questions Search