Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcsmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2003, 08:07 AM
    Grandparents
    I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets of grandparents. However, for the past couple of months my daughter seems to have a better attachment with her grandparents than she does with me and her dad. Whenever, the grandparents are present my daughter does not want to have anything to do with us. My husband or I did not have involved grandparents so I do not know if this is a healthy attachment. When they are not around I feel that her attachment to me is what it should be. Is this a healthy attachment? Can she have a secure attachment with me and prefer her grandmothers? I am very sad and worried so please help.
    MrAdams Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2003, 07:24 PM
    grandparents
    It is more or less a matter of familiarity.. and mood.. she spens the day with them and feels directly drawn to them at the time when she is just with you... you are who she is drawn too... after 3 children the same has occurred with each of them whoever they spend the most time with on a given occaission is who they seem to want to be with more for the moment... as long as you still have your time with her she will not separate herself from you in a permanent fashion... she is still young and easily influenced temporarily of course.. as a baby out of sight out of mind still plays a big role but not consistently so don't fear as long as you all are giving her plenty of love and affection she will be an emotionally healthy child...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents Rights ? [ 2 Answers ]

1) My Granddaughters Mother left her and my son has know time for his daughter, my son has an abusive relationship with his girl friend and they both us drugs,neither of them can hold a job . My granddaughter has been with me sense she was 2 and half she is now 5yrs my son says he wants, his...

Grandparents rights [ 2 Answers ]

My grandson has been living with me & my family since December of last year. He was only suppose to stay here for a short time until his mother(my daughter) got on her feet. Well needless to say she hasn't come and gotten him yet. She has not been supporting him at all, my family and I have been...

View more questions Search