Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
    Glacier Bay Faucet
    We have a Glacier Bay Faucet installed in our kitchen in 2005. The neck swivel is very stiff. Is this normal, or should it swivel easily. Is this intended to be lubricated, and if so, how is this done? Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 17, 2006, 06:47 AM
    We can pull no technical information on glacier Bay Faucets. They are a Home Depot discontinued item as I understand it. I can give you general directions on what to do. Shut the water off and remove the handle and any retaining nut under it. The spout should pull straight up. Lube the "O" rings and the inside of the spout body with Silicon Jel, (do not use any any petroleum based grease on the "O" rings as it will eat the neoprene up)
    Your spout should turn more easily now. Good luck, Tom
    JOHN HART Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 08:37 AM
    I Installed Glacier Bay 3 Handled In My 2 Bathrooms The Inspector Wants Anti Scald Is There Something You Can Refer Me To Thanks. Unfornately These Handles Already Are Installed.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 08:43 AM
    To: John Hart... POSTED Today @ 9:07PM... You could use what they refer to as a GOOF PLATE (Symmons makes a nice one) to cover the three holes and install a single handle anti-scald valve. Personally, I recommend the symmons valve.. reliable forever and parts easy to replace, and readily available if you should ever need them.
    ebaboomian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 08:05 AM
    I have a Glacier Bay MODEL 224-850 Purchased Sept 201, same issue as you are explaining. I called 888-328-2383 and apparently I was informed there is a recall on this model. So they placed a ticket for me, and Home Depot is supposed to call me back for a replacement or a resolution.
    path1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 07:15 PM
    What did they end up saying was the reason that this model of faucet was recalled?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 3, 2012, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by path1 View Post
    What did they end up saying was the reason that this model of faucet was recalled?
    They didn't say. Why not give them a call at 888-328-2383 and ask.
    Let us know what they tell you. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier Bay Web Site [ 29 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if there is a web site for Glacier Bay faucet parts or if Glacier Bay has their own site? Looking for plastic diverter stem (I think that's what it is called) for a shower faucet.

Glacier on the Freezer floor [ 5 Answers ]

I have side by side GE profile refrigerator that it makes the freezer floor to be glacier for the last 3 months. There is no leak that I have noticed in the freezer. I have defrosted and cleaned up the freezer without any success. It takes one day to start accumulating glacier in the freezer...

Outside faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a outside faucet that I use to water my lawn. Now that it is getting colder out I have noticed that it is leaking all the time. It froze one time last week. What do I need to do to stop the leak??

Kitchen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

We replaced plumbing in our house, now the kitchen sink when turned on trickles water. If we take faucet off the water shoots out. We replace faucet and the water trickles. The faucet is not clogged. What can be the problem?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search