Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emendy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 07:16 AM
    Gift for destination wedding and the couple is also having a reception 1 gift or 2?
    I am attending a destination wedding, Aruba and the couple is also having a reception once they get back in New York. I am attending both. 1) Do I bring the gift with me to Aruba? 2) Do I bring it to the reception? 3) Do I get them a gift for both?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 07:35 AM

If you take the gift with you to Aruba you will have to pay all kind of taxes on it and possibly spending more then the gift is worth. No, only one gift no matter how they are handling their reception and I actually see no reason for them to have another reception back in NY, why are they doing that? What happens in Aruba?

I would take the l gift to the reception in NY or possibly get it to them before they leave. It is quite proper to receive wedding gifts from the time the invites are sent out to the time the wedding occurs. That's the way it was always done and I actually think it is very tacky to take a wedding gift to the wedding, unless it is an envelope of money.

Tick
    emendy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 05:35 PM

Thank you very much for your response!! I sincerely appreciate it!

They were only able to invite 25ish people to Aruba, immediate family and several close friends. In Aruba they will be getting married and having dinner on the beach with their guest. The reception in NY is everyone going to Aruba and family( aunts, uncles, etc) and friends (co-workers, high school/college, etc) They were not able to invited/afford everyone to go to Aruba that is why they are having a reception in NY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

Gift Giving for a Destination Wedding [ 24 Answers ]

My husband and I are attending a destination wedding that is going to cost the two of us a total of $1100 just to be in attendance for our friends nuptials. That amount includes only airfare, hotel and a rental car. We will still have further expenses throughout our 4 day stay. Is it...

View more questions Search