Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevshock Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 03:28 AM
    I can't connect my laptop to wireless network
    I have a wireless problem... my laptop can't connect wirelessly to my home wifi network... although it connects somewhere else's... it is strange.. if it says that my wireless is messed up then why my blackberry can connect and my cousin's computer connected so easily... I have done almost everything but can't find solutions. It is giving me headache... I have changed from WPA Personal to WEP and to Nothing then back to WPA Personal... all it does was "waiting to connect" then 5 minutes later it's disappeared.. and back to wireless network available... please help! My laptop is XP Home SP2 and my router was WRT120N LynkSys by Cisco..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 05:33 AM

Try with security disabled.

Jul 19, 2010, 07:02 AM
    How to disable the security?. I am sorry for this stupid question.. I am not from IT background... Do you mean the WPA and WEP security? If so then I have disabled them.. and yes its still not working.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Does your laptop have a static IP address or is it set up to get an IP from the router?

Configure TCP/IP to use DHCP and a Static IP Address at the Same Time

Jul 19, 2010, 07:12 PM

@ NeedKarma: I have done both.. "automatically and set up" still doesn't work.
    sucosam Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 07:38 AM

My laptop has a physical switch to enable or disable the radio. Did you check to make sure this wasn't switched to off position by mistake? Although you did say you can connect to different wireless networks?

Jul 20, 2010, 08:28 AM

@ sucocam: yes I have switched it on.. and yes I can connect to my office wifi... and even the fujitsu service centre wifi... they don't even know where the problem is... it connects just fine when I brought it there...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Redo your home network. Make sure DHCP is on, make notes of the security settings and note the key/passphrase.
    CongChuaTQ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 09:18 AM
    I have been having the same problem with my dell laptop that is running xp. I used my laptop to configure the modem & wireless router. And now my laptop can't connect the my home wireless. It can connect to everything else but my wireless at home. I need serious help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2010, 09:20 AM

Do you have security enabled, Can you connect to your router directly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

My hp laptop doesn't connect to a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have an HP550 laptop.when I want to connect it on wireless network,it shows that there is no wireless network in range to connect to and doesn't show me the window where I can get wireless list even when I'm with others who are using wireless connection. When I try to know where the...

Can't connect on 1 of 3 laptops to wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

My wireless network was working fine for 3 computers . I had a an upgrade on my work computer and can no longer access my wireless conecction at home on that computer. THe other computers have no problems connecting wirelessly. The computer that I can't connect with at home has no problem...

Can't connect laptop to wireless network . [ 1 Answers ]

So I recently traded in my Netcomm modem and Netgear wireless router for an all in one Open Networks 824RLW Adsl 2+ Wireless router. So far I have been able to connect my laptop, Xbox 360 and a PDA all WIRELESSLY with great results. The only thing I can't connect with is my girlfriend's...

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network(says none available)network isgood [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network (says none available) network is good I have another that is working fine. I

View more questions Search