Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyzzh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 02:59 AM
    Buying from Ebay.
    I want to order an item from Ebay. The information says that the item has free shipping but they are not responsible for any kind of fees. Item is located to China and I´m living in the North Europe. What kind of fees can there be ?
    Thanks !
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 19, 2010, 03:01 AM
    They could be referring to import taxes or anything outside of their control.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 20, 2010, 10:34 AM

Those fees you refer to should be clearly stated on the EBay auction. If not, that is why you email the seller and specifically ask what those fees are. If they cannot tell you, why buy it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bleusong52 View Post
    Those fees you refer to should be clearly stated on the EBay auction. If not, that is why you email the seller and specifically ask what those fees are. If they cannot tell you, why buy it?
    This is the best advice. There have been a lot of "too good to be true" scams originating in China lately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 05:39 PM

I buy many products from over seas, ( love my handmade shirts)

Merely ask them on the auction what fees ?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 01:50 PM

You really need to contact the seller for clarification of what type of fees could pop up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ebay [ 6 Answers ]

Ok... well I brought a item on eBay and all I need to do now is pay. I actaully don't want the item nomore but do I have to pay for the item still or is there some why I can get rid of it ?

Like eBay [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a site that has online auctions like eBay where it is free to join and bid I want to bid on a Myer Coles Group Gift Card ($300- $500) please help me out THANKS

Buying Coins on Ebay [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, so im new at buying coins on ebay but i have collected for many years. im hoping to start selling off alot of my coins soon but im still in the collecting stage. My question is how do i go about getting the best deal? and how do i know what coins are genuine and what are fake?

Ebay [ 5 Answers ]

I buy a lot of little things I find on Ebay and it got me wondering. Don't these sellers have to pay taxes on these sales? While I buy just a few items, I noticed that at times they are from the same seller, and they have hundreds of item listed. Thank you.

EBay [ 10 Answers ]

Let's say I just won my first bid on eBay. What is proper etiquette, normally? Should I pay immediately, or should I wait a few days until I get the product and then pay?

View more questions Search