Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 04:59 PM

Calidad, I know how you got fast, and do agree that it makes sense if you go with the first two clues and continue to go with that equation. But, I do agree with Hexie. It's the last line of the riddle that brought me to "far".

How does fast fit in with;

If you got me right I am nowhere near you
    I agree that you have to be fast to be run away and be nowhere near someone. But to me, far fits better. And both Rust and Rest begin with "r" so they could be the ending.

Darn riddles. They drive me batty. Brain hurts. ;)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Calidad, I know how you got fast, and do agree that it makes sense if you go with the first two clues and continue to go with that equation. But, I do agree with Hexie. It's the last line of the riddle that brought me to "far".

I agree that you have to be fast to be run away and be nowhere near someone. But to me, far fits better. and both Rust and Rest begin with "r" so they could be the ending.

Maybe it means if someone runs away fast.. they're not near you. I googled everything and still didn't find it so cal dad... come back and splain it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 05:42 PM

I agree that you have to be fast to be run away and be nowhere near someone. But to me, far fits better. and both Rust and Rest begin with "r" so they could be the ending.

That's possible too. It just depends on perspective. To imply fast means the observing point is either slower (away) or stationary (away) or opposite (way away )

I just was trying to follow the rules that had been set. So is it the R or the ST ?
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Thats possible too. It just depends on perspective. To imply fast means the observing point is either slower (away) or stationary (away) or opposite (way away )

I just was trying to follow the rules that had been set. So is it the R or the ST ?
    Also, if the rules are to be followed, the other two clues were only one letter from the words represented, the last would be two letters "st", which is another reason I picked the "r" as it's only one letter, works with the last clue, blah, blah, blah, blah. ;)

Maybe it's fat. :p
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 06:00 PM
    Also, if the rules are to be followed, the other two clues were only one letter from the words represented, the last would be two letters "st", which is another reason I picked the "r" as it's only one letter, works with the last clue, blah, blah, blah, blah. ;)

Maybe it's fat. :p
    The problem Im having is when it says my ending? I guess Im not good at these as Ive never done one before . Lol

So if its one letter I bow.

If it's the ending letters I scratch my head.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:02 PM
    The problem Im having is when it says my ending? I guess Im not good at these as Ive never done one before . lol

If its the ending letters I scratch my head.
    Rap.. Ripe... :eek:
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 06:06 PM
    The problem Im having is when it says my ending? I guess Im not good at these as Ive never done one before . lol

If its the ending letters I scratch my head.
    I've done too many riddles. I think they're the source of my migraines. ;)

Most times there are no clear cut rules. That's why I'm reluctant to go with fast. In the same token, it's a riddle, so it could be fast. ;)

I think we can all agree that it's either far or fast.

Maybe it's both. Far... fast. If you're nowhere near someone you went far, and you went there fast.

I'm happy with that answer. Now, should I really make you guys think? I can post a few, start a trend. ;)
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:11 PM
    I've done too many riddles. I think they're the source of my migraines. ;)

Most times there are no clear cut rules. That's why I'm reluctant to go with fast. In the same token, it's a riddle, so it could be fast. ;)

I think we can all agree that it's either far or fast.

Maybe it's both. Far...fast. If you're nowhere near someone you went far, and you went there fast.

I'm happy with that answer. Now, should I really make you guys think? I can post a few, start a trend. ;)
    Do it Cal. WG could tell us whether we're right or not! :confused:
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:13 PM

I'll bet Scottgem or Fr_Chuck would know.
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 06:17 PM

Okay kids, knock yourselves out. :)

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/games/...ou-491817.html
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Do it Cal. WG could tell us whether we're right or not! :confused:
    What confidence you have in me! At the beginning of this thread, I guessed "fat." I do like "far" though.

I am more than glad to help with crossword puzzles.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What confidence you have in me! At the beginning of this thread, I guessed "fat." I do like "far" though.

I am more than glad to help with crossword puzzles.
    I thought fast or death:eek:
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 07:03 PM

Kit, I still want to know how you came up with death. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Kit, I still want to know how you came up with death. :)
    In the beginning you are born in the mid... There are no D letters in those words... Lets ask Peter!:eek:

You kill me lmao.. Really though I'm scared of fooling with Peter.
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 26, 2010, 10:04 AM

Wow, so this OP has really got us thinking. I like riddles because they do just that, get one thinking. Sometimes they can be taken at face value (hence far, or fast) and sometimes they are the hidden meaning kind (hence death).

Anyone wonder what the OP is doing? Think this was a psychology experiment? Lol.:confused:

OP, OP, where for art thou?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 04:14 PM

I think you're probably over-complicating OP's intentions. People post riddles on here occasionally, either for the heck of it, or because they've been given the riddle and want the answer. I doubt seriously they had any psychological motivations at all. It's a game forum, after all, where people generally like puzzles and/or challenges.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    I think you're probably over-complicating OP's intentions. People post riddles on here occasionally, either for the heck of it, or because they've been given the riddle and want the answer. I doubt seriously they had any psychological motivations at all. It's a game forum, after all, where people generally like puzzles and/or challenges.
    Morgaine, I think the psychological motivation comment was a joke, hence the LOL at the end of it. :)
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 30, 2010, 11:49 PM

Alty gets me. :D

Morgaine, it was indeed a joke. I think you need to get out of the office more.. . Come play with us.. .
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 05:51 PM

I saw the lol at the end, but don't get the joke. And it's certainly not because I don't have a sense of humor - ask anyone who knows me - perhaps it just lies in another realm. Trust me, I try to stay out of the office as much as possible.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Aug 3, 2010, 05:58 PM

I believe its far too. Someone else did this riddle a few weeks ago but also never came back to tell us who was right. But I think its far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beginning Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

What all makes up beginning inventory other than what is on hand at the present time?

A New Beginning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Y'all :) Well, where to start? Okay, I've been engaged for over a year now, and Johnny (my finace) recently enlisted in the National Guard and is currently undergoing AIT, soon to graduate on Dec. 17... He and I are to be wed on Sept 6, 2008 and we both can't wait for it to come soon...

Beginning Balances [ 2 Answers ]

I feel not smart for having to ask this question. I am a new accountant for an existing company that was purchased recently. The new owners told me to put in the existing AR and AP, which I did. Then after their vacation they gave me the beginning balances that they purchased and they...

Beginning Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the following type of problem The given information is Beg. Year Assets & liabilities are given Ending yr Assets & liabilities are given Revenue given

In the beginning... [ 108 Answers ]

I direct these questions to Christians, but any may answer. As a preface to your answer please tell me if you are or are not a Christian. FYI, I am a Christian. 1. Do you believe in evolution? 2. Do you believe in the "gap theory?" 3. Do you believe the 6 days of creation were 24 hour...

View more questions Search