Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mytrevor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 02:04 AM
    Looks like an ant with wings
    I have a small insect that looks like an ant with wings , its crawling on my floor it will fly low .
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 02:18 AM

Most likely it is just that - a winged ant. When an anthill matures, they breed up a caste called swarmers(in common parlance) just like termites do. The purpose of the swarmer is to fly outside of the parent hill's territory, breed, and form a new anthill.

Termite and ant swarming season is here

This site deals with Carpenter Ants, but many species of ants "swarm." The site will tell you a lot of identifying characteristics. Normally you will see lots and lots if it's termites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What goes with chicken wings? [ 11 Answers ]

We're making chicken wings for dinner (my attempt at eating chicken on the bone (ew)) and I want to know what else to make with them (cos I won't eat very many). So what foods go with chicken wings? Thanks!

NHL Red Wings [ 4 Answers ]

OK... remember I AM female:D What is the meaning behind the octopus/squid in these playoff games? Is it a Red Wing thing? Does it happen at games through the regular season too? Curious minds want to know!:confused:

How to cut a turkeys wings [ 2 Answers ]

I have some young turkeys and want to clip there wings, does anyone know the steps to do this, also need to clip some young chickens wings. Thanks, angie

Buffalo chicken wings [ 2 Answers ]

What could I serve with chicken wings exluding french fries?

Teddy with wings ? 80s [ 1 Answers ]

Doing a quiz about toys from 70s,80s & 90s and am stuck on a small bear that looks a lot like a care bear but smaller and has wings and antennae, also the correct name for cabbage patch dolls:confused:

View more questions Search