Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2010, 01:58 PM
    Widow benefits
    When the husband dies. And the Widow is 62 years old.
    What percentage of the husband's monthly social security check does she
    Received. Someone told me it was 75% of his take home amount. She has
    Never worked, the husband was 75.

Does anyone know?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 02:43 PM

The final amount will have to be determined by the Social Security people. They will decide if the widow can receive more benefits on her own work record versus the work record earnings of her husband.

Also, just how old was the husband at the time of his death?
    johnstond Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 07:36 PM
    It is 75% of his SS benefits. Whatever he was getting for SS retirement, you as a widow will receive 75% of that. If he has surviving children under 18 they will share his benefits with you. So not 75% of his take home pay but 75% of his SS benefits, whatever that amount was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Widow pension in US [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Spanish and I'm married to an American citizen. We are living in Colorado and I have a US resident card and a social security number. As he has been working for the government, if he dies before me as I am his wife I will receive a widow pension from the government. The thing is that we...

Widow pension [ 3 Answers ]

How do you apply and what do you need

Dating a widow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive recently began dating a widow, she is 42 Im 45, I have been having a difficult time dealing with her emotions and even insensitive at times, its all new to me and I don't know how to respond to her grieving. Thanks,

Is this a Brown WIDOW? [ 4 Answers ]

Swindled widow [ 1 Answers ]

I invested in a so called company starting up and selling healthcare benefits. I knew the parties and thought everything was fine. I was given stock certificates in the company and have a written agreement as to the repayment plan they would pay me back my investment. I also have a lien against...

View more questions Search