Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 04:08 AM

The revolt is underway. It will be the peaceful transfer of power when the incumbents get dumped starting in November .

It's even worse than you describe it Clete. They also slipped in a provision in the 1099 form expanding it's scope to tax, and even more importantly track ,the purchase of gold coins. (Section 9006 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act )

What this has to do with health care is anyone's guess . My best guess is that they completely lied about the cost associated with the takeover of almost a 5th of the US economy and are looking for all types of creative ways to fund it.

Students of American history will recall that when Roosevelt took control of the American economy one of the thigs he did was seize the personal gold of Americans by executive order (6102) .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The revolt is underway. It will be the peaceful transfer of power when the incumbents get dumped starting in November .

It's even worse than you describe it Clete. They also slipped in a provision in the 1099 form expanding it's scope to tax, and even more importantly track ,the purchase of gold coins. (Section 9006 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act )

What this has to do with health care is anyone's guess . My best guess is that they completely lied about the cost associated with the takeover of almost a 5th of the US economy and are looking for all types of creative ways to fund it.

Students of American history will recall that when Roosevelt took control of the American economy one of the thigs he did was seize the personal gold of Americans by executive order (6102) .
    Tom for a long time I have been amazed by your legislative process and the stapling of bills, and the way in which your bills are structured and the possibility that a bill could be deemed. Our government tried it recently with their climate change legislation and were forced to decouple the bills. There is an implicit evil in both our systems which allows a government with absolute majorities to do whatever they like. This is the cost of party politics, fortunately we have minor parties.

I can't see why they would need to hide provisions regarding gold purchase since there would be records anyway, unless they have an old time view that ownership of gold is tied to speculation. Governments get very wary when people hold gold instead of currency. It will be interesting what you find embedded in your banking bills
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 05:24 AM

I can't see why they would need to hide provisions regarding gold purchase since there would be records anyway, unless they have an old time view that ownership of gold is tied to speculation. Governments get very wary when people hold gold instead of currency. It will be interesting what you find embedded in your banking bills
    Advertisers here are doing overtime using Excon's line to buy gold as a hedge .(funny how they also rail against other speculators in the market ) .

Regarding the Fin-reg bill ,the primary author of the bill in the Senate ,the soon to be ex-Senator Chris Dudd ,admits that NOBODY knows what's in the bill .and we won't know until the bureaucratic wonks write the associated regulations into law .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Regarding the Fin-reg bill ,the primary author of the bill in the Senate ,the soon to be ex-Senator Chris Dudd ,admits that NOBODY knows what's in the bill .and we won't know until the bureaucratic wonks write the associated regulations into law .
    Strange, I said the same thing about the health care bill. So between the two bills how many thousands of pages will have to be translated into an already indecipherable federal code? It's a scary thought if you ask me... and even if you don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My nipples begun to hurt and I have never been pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Its been a week now, since my nipples begun to hurt. They are so sensetive that I can't even pass my hand through them when I shower. They are very uncofterble even to sleep. Is it posibble that I can be pregnant? Or is it because my period is going to come? This has never happen to me before.

I have begun not to eat and avoid it when possible, I don't know what to do! [ 1 Answers ]

I don't want eat I look at food and I don't want to touch it I feel fat and ugiy

Can counterclaim be filed after the original case has begun? [ 2 Answers ]

Our original case (we were plaintiffs) was filed in April and our 1st court date was in May. We all met at court and the defendant raised a question about something that the judge then asked us to get him more information about and we were set another time to reappear in court. There were several...

Moving on, NC period has begun [ 12 Answers ]

In case you don't know my back story, here it is, although I don't know if it's entirely needed to understand the situation most likely, this is a pretty generic situation now, I would read this after if my post here isn't enough to understand the situation:...

It [ 10 Answers ]

It’s official. Mark your calendars. The crash of the U.S. economy has begun. It was announced the morning of Wednesday, June 13, 2007, by economic writers Steven Pearlstein and Robert Samuelson in the pages of the Washington Post, one of the foremost house organs of the U.S. monetary elite. ...

View more questions Search