Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgrorng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
    90 Celica GT-S, won't start, turns over, cold start works, 12V at injectors
    Replaced ECM, does same thing, 12V at injectors but when you turn it over they don't open, have fuel and spark, checked ground for injector harness, have factory manual, checked many sensors with no luck. Cold start works and it fires briefly until the fuel from that is spent. Does not show any error codes. I'm stumped!
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 10:59 AM

If you have fact manual, do a dist resistance check for the signal generator. Your coil, ignitor, or dist is probably bad.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 11:36 AM

Try replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM). If the problem persists, replace the distributor. Since these items are expensive for your Celica, consider local salvage yards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 ran fine then lost fuel at the injectors. Got fuel won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Truck cutoff suddenly, lost fuel at the injectors. Put in new fuel pump, no fuel at injectors, put in new cpu, no fuel still, put in new module in distributer, got fuel at the injectors but now truck won't start, engine is in time and I have fire. Any answers please help

7.3 power stroke won't start after changing injectors [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone---Just finished installing re-built injectors following normal procedure. I managed to start engine. It was a bit bumpy so I revved it a little. After two minutes or so it just shut down and won't start. I noticed some fuel dripping from under the engine and so checked that the filter...

93 civic cx will not start . Injectors has no pulse/ no fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

93 civic cx np pulse to injectors and pump (fuel) WILL NOT COME ON WHEN IGNITION ON. REPLCED DIST. FUEL PUMP , MAIN RELAY STILL NOTHING

Engine turns over but won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 GMC crewcab with a 454 tbi. It run fine until one day it was idleing and run out of gas, I just shut the key off and decide I would put gas in later. A month later I decided to start it up, so I put gas in the tanks and tried to start it, but now all it will do is turn over. No fuel...

91 Toyota Celica won't start stuck in park [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a 91 Toyota Celica ST Automatic yesterday. The car drove like a top. I went to start it today and nothing. No noise. No nothing. But I noticed that it's stuck in park. Sometimes, I can get it to move out of park and move into other gears. But then it gets stuck again. I know that the...

View more questions Search