Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gafore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2003, 04:42 PM
    Confused
    Hello,
    PLEASE HELP ME SOON!

I need some good honest advice...
    There is this guy I work with we are pretty good friends..
    I think at one point he definitely had a crush on me..

I had two reasons for not inclining in any way that I may have been interested... 1) I work with him
    2) cultural differences between us... I was born in US... he was not...

He is a nice person and cares for me as a friend for sure...
    I know you would say if you like him then go for it... however... it really bothers me that he has an accent is not as cultured as me...

Now, I think I may have feelings for him but since I'm not currently dating or seeing anyone I don't know if I'm just falling for him since he is my friend and he's right there.
    Im just really confused.

Also, I may never see this person again as you know how people lose touch once you no longer work together...

Please help
    Makaylha Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2003, 03:17 PM
    confused
    First you should really get over the fact that he has a strong accent. As long as you can understand him he's doing fine. Remember that your ancestors didn't just come out speaking proper English.
    Makaylha Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2003, 03:21 PM
    confused
    Also, keep in mind that this could be a once in a life time opportunity for you. Everything is. Keep in mind that you are not looking for a life long relationship immediately with this person so if things go badly you can just break it off. On a cautionary note however, if you feel that having a relationship with this person may jepordize your work... don't do it!
    noredine Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2003, 05:56 PM
    confused
    There is a kernel of truth that "cultural differences"may block the natural progress of any (love) relationship.But it is dangerous to reduce any intercultural differnce to a conflict b/ w cultures.However sensitive your issue,you should handle it with great delicacy and present it in a calm,fair-minded manner.I think you can meet this challenge
    God Bless
    Noredine
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2003, 02:11 AM
    confused
    You know get a life what if he has a cuktural difference or accent, what matters is what the heart says... if I was him I wouldn't evan bother with you and let you live your own life
    schuylervj Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2003, 03:01 PM
    confused
    Do yourself, and him a big favor: Stay friends but do not get involved. You would always find some criticism of him, some fault, regarding the "cultural differences" between you, and judging him by his accent. Did it occur to you that to him, YOU have an "accent?" Also, having a personal relationship with someone you work with every day is a very bad idea... leave it alone and find someone more suited to you and your ideas of culture...
    1finediva Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2003, 02:22 PM
    confused
    Listen if you can't handle the fact that you two have cultural diffences and he has an accent then how in the world are you going to get in a relationship? Do him a favor and just be his friend because someone that can't accept him as he is doesn't need to be his girlfriend! THINK ABOUT IT?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search