Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BKBradley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
    No Signal to Monitor, No Beep from MB
    Hi everyone, I just built a PC from a barebones kit and no matter what I try I can't get a signal to a monitor, the mobo doesn't beep, and none of the front panel lights come on. I've tried disconnecting everything but the power supply and the CPU fan, but I still get the same result. Thinking that the mobo was DOA, I returned it and low and behold the new mobo is having the same problem. BTW I tried with a different monitor and a different video card (I was using the mobo's onboard video.) Also EVERYTHING else seems to work... all fans, HDD spins, DVD Drive lights up and spins.

Thanks for your help.
    ~Brian
    sshah254 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 09:37 PM
    Are you sure that the monitor is working?

How old is the monitor?
    BKBradley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sshah254
    Are you sure that the monitor is working?

How old is the monitor?
    Yes I am positive that it works because I use it everyday with my other computer. Also I have tried a different monitor (and video card), as I stated in my question.

About 5 years old, never had a problem.

Update: I ordered a replacement CPU as I can't think of anything else to replace. I will update once I have the new CPU in. BTW if it helps I can snap some photos and list the components.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 18, 2006, 12:33 AM
    It's hard to tell from what you said. It could be a simple graphics setting problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor = no signal need help [ 13 Answers ]

Prepare for a possibly long detailed description of my problem. OK first off... it seems there's lots of people with this problem but not many solutions (I haven't found anyone that's said "thanks it works now")... I even googled stuff like "no signal from monitor" (which is how I found this...

Monitor no signal [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a graphics card that doesn't work for my PC,as in there are no beebs,and the monitor stays blank when I turn it on with an amber light, I have a ic7-g motherboard and the graphics card ati radeon 9800 pro doesn't work for my mobo and I dunt know why(it should work,other people...

No signal to monitor [ 1 Answers ]

HI, My computer decided to reboot its self last night and when it came back up there was no signal to the monitor. OK - lets check the monitor. I plugged it in to the laptop and all worked well indicating a healthy monitor and lead. Must be the graphics card. Bought a new one - same problem. No...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

Monitor - No signal [ 53 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to build my own computer without my husband's help so I can learn stuff along the way. My first obstacle is that the monitor has no signal. The computer I am upgrading is my brother's old one and I played cards on it just last week before he gave it to me. When I brought it home...

View more questions Search