Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 11:05 AM
    Can antifreeze leak from a catalytic converter?
    I have a 93 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I think antifreeze is leaking from my catalytic converter. Is this possible? Would this mean I have a leaking head gasket? I saw the drips the other day when I was underneath my car changing the oil and filter. It looked like it was coming out of the bottom of the catalytic converter. Is their any other explanation? Could it be dripping from above the catalytic converter and running off?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 11:55 AM

Could it be dripping from above the catalytic converter and running off?
    Yes, that's what may be happening. Also, there may be a radiator hose, thermostat, and water pump in that general area. Ensure the water pump is not leaking from above and dripping down. There are an extraordinary number of radiator and heater hoses on Tauruses. There are also metal cooling pipes, in front of the engine, that can rust through.

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1393743

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Catalytic converter replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have 98 yukon 5.7. I just had a diagnostic ran on it and was told that I need to replace the catalytic converter. It is a y shaped double converter. They sell a direct and a universal fit. What I want to know is with a direct fit does it just bolt on without any mods? Will I need anything else to...

Catalytic converter [ 4 Answers ]

If the catalytic converter is bad would that cause the car not to start? Thank you

Catalytic Converter? [ 4 Answers ]

What is a catalytic converter and what does it do? What will happen if I take it out and put straight pipe in place of it?

Catalytic converter,02 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 98 accord, has run perfect for 10 years. The other day doing 60 down the road it just shut down. No lack of power, no rough running, just shut down. Coasted to side, it cranked over fine but would not start. Waited 5 minutes, started took back off a mile down the road at 60 again it...

Catalytic converter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I would like to know if anyone has had aproblem with a catalytic converter, and what the symptoms would be on your car, I have a 2005 nissan quest and it jerks rpm stays at 5 when on the highway, I have had a diagnostic test by the dealer ship and waiting for part to come in, but was...

View more questions Search