Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samhane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
    Goodman furnace problems when running the ac it starts stops starts stops
    I have a goodman furnace 98% efficient it works fine on heat but when I run the ac unit it will run fine for an hour or three but then it will start stoping and starting the blower motor I have changed the transformer the blower motor the door switch anyone have any idea why it does this any help would be greatly appreciated
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2010, 11:11 AM
    Sounds like you have changed a lot of parts unneeded, try bypassing the thermostat by removing the r - y - g wires, twist them together,, does your equipment still have the same problem? If not ,it's a bad tstat, if prob. Still there ,you have proven the tstat is OK and must look farther,, let us know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC starts a cycle stops and loud noise starts from inside Air Handler. [ 1 Answers ]

The central a/c unit worked fine all day and in the evening started a new cycle stopped after about 30 seconds and started making a loud noise inside the air handler for around 90 seconds and tried to start a new cycle without success. I turned the unit off overnight and back on the following...

Furnace Starts, Stops, then Starts again. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello. I have a furnace that I can hear the following steps: 1. thermostat clicks to turn on furnace 2. the furnace immediately turns on the exhaust fan 3. then I hear a click, and the burner is burning, but only for 5 seconds or so and stops. 4. then another click, and another, etc. 5. the...

My goodman furnace starts and then stops and then refires after a few seconds why [ 4 Answers ]

My goodman furnace starts like normal but after a few seconds stops and then restarts a few seconds later it fires then stops then refires why

My honeywell furnace starts up and then stops [ 2 Answers ]

Model T8112C1007 I can not delete the hold temp of 57 on the thermostat, don't know if this has something to do with it. I can not find my manual The thermostat is digital, older model, with flush arrow keys...

Only in AM, gas furnace stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Gaffers-Sattler furnace, about 40 years old. Runs great, but for one problem. In the morning around 5 or 6, I turn on furnace and it will heat up and run for about 5 to 6 minutes then stop for about 3 minutes and repeat this all morning long. (frustration as this is when its...

View more questions Search