Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmb1986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 05:57 AM
    Finding employment as a felon
    Im 24 and just got convicted of a class c felony of Grand larceny. I get sentenced in sept and was wondering what my chances are of find a career/job when I get out. I plan on going back to school, but would like some insight on what area to study that would give me a better chance of finding a gainful career.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 06:07 AM

Hello j:

I'd avoid any career that involves a license, the granting of which is based on moral turpitude. Those would be things like lawyers, doctors, nurses, real estate brokers, CPA's, stock brokers, and stuff like that.

Anything else is open to you.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 09:06 AM

But oddly enough in some states you can be a licensed car salesman so long as you were not convicted of any crime involving the sale of cars or turning back odometers.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 10:55 AM

excon agrees: Let me guess - Alabama or Utah...

Nope. Ohio is one state where you can be a convicted felon and still get a license to sell cars. Yeppers.
    jmb1986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 04:18 AM

Thanks you all, Excon, would you recommend a career in construction or IT? Just wondering what you think
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 04:21 AM

Hello again, j:

Let me see. Swinging a hammer in the hot sun, hanging around with sweaty men, or running computer programs in a nice air conditioned office with good looking chicks all around me... I don't know which one I'd pick.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 07:35 AM

Criminal background, makes me think of playing pro foot ball personally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ohio felon health employment [ 4 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon work in the health care industry or specifically in a hospital?

Finding place of employment with a SS # [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find the place of employment of a tenant that has vacated a property and owes back rent if I have their social security number?

Finding Employment After Conviction [ 29 Answers ]

My son got into a fight with my husband and was convicted of Domestic Violence. He had to go to jail for four months. Now he is having a hard time finding a job even though the conviction was a misdomeanor, since it was his first conviction. He is also Bipolar, we just found out, because he...

Finding an old employment 401k that I have lost. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find an old 401k?

View more questions Search