Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snow_princess Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2003, 02:15 PM
    Conscience is catching up!
    I'm hoping you people can really help me out with this. My b/f and I have been dating for 1 1/2 yrs. During his sport season we manage to maintain a very long distance relationship. Problem is: within the last month I've cheated on him (3 times), while very intoxicated, and I mean VERY (although its no excuse whatso ever). Anywayz, I really want to tell him, but since I know we'll break up if I do that, I refuse to let him in on my secrets. However, I have come to terms with myself in knowing that I need to stop this. Its getting me nowhere fast, and I'm now just left with a really big brick on my chest, and feelings of worthlessness, incredible guilt, and a big ache in my heart.
    Does this mean I don't love my b/f?
    Every time I think about this I just cry and cry, and I don't know where to turn. Would writing my feelings down help? Perhaps burn it after (sounds kind of corny).. I'm honestly done with cheating, and now I just need help of how to get over my conscience.
    Any advice will help at the point...
    Thanks ~snow
    p.s. do not even try to help out if you are just going to bash me and what I've done.. I know I've done wrong. Thanks
    orb Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2003, 10:10 PM
    conscience is catching up!
    snow_princess

If he is cheating on you, you know what you have to do.

Obviously it hurts because you still love him. That's what hurts the most.

You need to see beyond your relationship and make sure you are heading in the right path. Who knows, your b/f might end up being the tenant of a trailer park some day... do you want to be there with him?

Think of this as a wakeup call to what is really going on in your relationship.

By the way, communication at ANY stage of a relationship is crucial. By you not telling him you know that he cheated, you are allowing him to take advantage of you too.

Tell him "peace out"

~ Jon
    1finediva Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2003, 02:54 PM
    OK now I get it you think your boyfriend isn't committed cause you cheated on him!! Bad girl >:( maybe if you stop messing around on him then you'll see that the problem with committing is not him its you, but why should he committ if you're not even faithful??
    olka Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2003, 12:31 PM
    Everybody makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. As long as you know that you were wrong & repent of what you did, you should move on without your guilty conscience.
    You shouldn't tell him about it as it would make him feel doubtful about your feelings for him, & also would give him an excuse to cheat on you later.
    Forget the unhappy past & look forward to what lies ahead! 8)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teens without conscience [ 11 Answers ]

My 16 year old Son has decided he would like to live on his own. His Sister who is 18 has been asked to leave her father's house two days ago because she has been lying and stealing and refusing to help out at home or abide by the house rules. She has been defiant since she was 7. When she was a...

Conscience is catching up! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping you people can really help me out with this. My b/f and I have been dating for 1 1/2 yrs. During his sport season we manage to maintain a very long distance relationship. Problem is: within the last month I've cheated on him (3 times), while very intoxicated, and I mean VERY (although...

View more questions Search