Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2010, 10:20 PM
    Ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally.
    Tonight my computer froze and when it came back up, the screen was big and the colors were messed up, sort of like the computer was in safe mode, except I could still hear my music playing. A box came up and said:
    The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot to restore full display functionality.
    I restarted the computer and it worked fine. About 15 mins later, it froze again and the same box came up.

What should I do? I have an IBM thinkpad T30.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 15, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Make sure you have the latest drivers.
    They are available here: Graphics Drivers & Software

Also make sure you have blown the dust out from the exhausts.

I have read that Windows Defender also causes problems with older ATI drivers, so worth removing this if you are running it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windshield wiper on driver side stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

The windshield wider on the driver side of my 2002 avalanche stopped working. When I turn it on it will wipe across the window once and then stop part way across. The other windshield wiper work just fine. What would cause this and how do I fix it.

How do I fix thix thisvtdisp display driver not working properly and I need to reboot [ 1 Answers ]

I was playing grand theft auto 3 and the game start freezing and this message came up "vtdisp display driver not working properly and you need to reboot" when I rebooted it the same thing happen again how do I fix this .

Display Driver updates [ 6 Answers ]

Current driver data Can someone point me at the update for my display driver downloaded latest (Ati 7-7_xp32_dd_49709) and it wouldn't update the above. Do I need to this incrementally if so can someone then point me to the correct location Cheers

Display Driver Stopped Responding [ 5 Answers ]

For sometime, I receive this message 1.Display Driver Stopped Responding The ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally.save your work and reboot the system... And then pixels was decrased!(like safe mode) 2.furthermore my computer regularly restart when it reboot! Please tell me...

Issue with display driver. I think :S [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I think I'm having problems with my display driver. Previously I was getting an error message about the ati2dvag.dll file, so I searched the internet for help and I was redirected to a website: OmegaDrivers.net - Home of the Omega Drivers for ATI & NVIDIA desktop/laptop cards. I downloaded...

View more questions Search