Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billhenderson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 05:36 PM
    How can you tell if a certificate of ownership is real and not a fake
    I enter into a deal where some one pasd away and no came to clame the asset in the bank so I aplyed for the assets as nect of kin because no one came forth I was told that I could if no cames to clame it

I'm dealing with and attorny on this and there is a lot of cost for documents if this true how can I be shore that the documents are real I have nevr seen this kind of certificat ,what do I look for ?
    billhenderson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 05:43 PM

I'm dealing with attorny in nigeria how do I find out if he is legit ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 06:41 PM

It is fake, first you know you are not next of kin, second nigeria is the largerst area of scam and con people, since there is no law to protect you.

And what happens they will do one of two things or both,

You get a smaller check for a few thousand ( or money order) you cash it, but have to send most back for fees to release the main money, but a week later the money order is no good and you owe the bank all that money back.

Or to transer the money you give them your bank account info, they merely empty your account of all its money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Certificate of Deposit - Ownership - Mother & Son on Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my Mother-in-Law took our a CD about 15yrs ago and has her name and my husbands, her sons name on it. She's become ill and she has been placed in Hospice Care. My Brother in law is going to get a power of attorney to take care of her affairs. He does not know about this CD yet. Once he finds...

Certificate of Deposit Ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I have a small inheritance, gifted to us jointly by our father. It was in an investment account as Joint Tenants, With Right of Survival going to our children upon our deaths. Some of the money has been pulled from this account and put into CD's, with ownership in my sisters name In...

Obama's birth certificate fake [ 26 Answers ]

What happens when it is established for a fact that his birth certificate is fake? Is it like Clinton being impeached but still President? Does Hillary get another shot?

Certificate of Deposit ownership [ 3 Answers ]

My 90 year old mother as a CD with my oldest brother listed as the beneficiary. He is the executor of the Estate. Upon her death will be have sole ownership of the money or will it become part of her Estate? Our brother has been trying to cut all the other members out of everything he can.

View more questions Search