Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tadams2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 05:16 AM
    Hooking up 2 TV's to one Receiver
    Hello, I have a satellite receiver in one room that works perfectly. I am wanting to hookup another TV in a different location using the same receiver. How can I make this happen? Thanks.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Hi Tadams2,
    The only real option that I know of would be to attach a two way splitter to the end of the cable that attaches to the back of your TV from the satellite box. From there attach two additional cables to the other end of the splitter and to each TV respectively. The only catch here, is that you will have to view the same channel on both televisions. I am doubtful that if you put the splitter before the box that you would be able to properly tune the one TV connected directly from the wall, but it's always worth a try, I suppose. Just be careful in this latter case, as the systems are generally somehow monitored, and this may be detected as an attempt to illegally obtain service, therefore possibly temporarily shutting down your service. They do like you to pay for an additional box in such cases. :)
    Good luck. Take care. :)
    clouded Posts: 31, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 16, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Thomas is almost 100% correct except for the fact that they can monitor your through-put. You will be able to hook both of them up the way he stated with the splitter.

The only down fall is both tvs have to watch the same channel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking back up with ex [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is giovanni I know this might sound dumb but do you think I should try and get back wit my ex we broke up two months ago but not a day go by that I don't think about her and I mean love her so much words can not even begen to desribe how I fell about her and I never had some one know me...

Hooking back up with ex [ 12 Answers ]

I have a problem. I listened to some false rumors six years ago in high school and broke a dear friends heart. I never got over my frustration for acting hasty. Now, after calling every person in the phone book with her last name and looking on whitepages on the net, I've finally found her. I...

Hooking up DSL [ 5 Answers ]

I had Dial-up service up until this point and now I am hooking up DSL service. I have Windows xp. After I hook up to modem and the ethernet cable and all that, do I just click on Internet Explorer like I did before, or do I have to change settings on my PC? I thought some kind of window was...

Someone Please define hooking up for me. [ 4 Answers ]

As I am creeping up on 40, I have lost some of the lingo, that is going around, I drive a bus for a living, and hear kids talk all the time, I constantly hear them say Ya, I was at a party and I hooked up with this one and then later I hook up with that one Someone Please define hooking...

View more questions Search