Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jannie1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 02:17 AM
    I have a geyser in the roof that we have replace the thermostat and the elemant twise
    So lets start the thermostat were replased and so the elemant twise, still the water is no getting as hot as the previoce 3 years. Voltage at elemant is 230 volt.Every time a so called plumber electrician were here for 2 days alwell and then it start al over. So now my brother is expearincing the same thing in valley setlemants but his voltage at the elemant is 110 volt which I as a electrician under stand it low but at the main db the voltage is 220 volt.

So can sum 1 help with info on what to do or on how to solf this problems.

Regards,

Jan
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 07:02 AM

Geyser in the roof? same thing in Valley Settlements? If an Electrician was their for 2 days, He "sounds" like an Idiot.
    If the Element is 230/240 volts and it is getting 110 volts, it will not get hot, he needs to see why the element is not getting full voltage.
    He needs to see voltage going into thermostat, then out of thermostat and overheat disc, and down to element.
    Jannie1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    That is the thing there are no break in the wiring need to know if sum 1 expearenced sum thing similar. As for being a idiot he were told of by myself.So help full hints will be well come.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 11:48 AM

If an amount of voltage is at breaker, and not at water heater, The wiring DOES have a problem.
    Breakers or the Buss they plug onto can reduce voltage and be intermittent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to replace roof, it's had 5 leaks repaired - what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home that is about 30 yrs old and has a clay/tile type roof. With age and a couple of hurricanes there have been leaks that have been repaired, of these three via the insurance co. (less deductible) and two which i have paid for out of pocket given the small size of the problem. We now...

Replace Brant standard thermostat with HOneywell thermostat [ 40 Answers ]

HI guys, I have a Bryant Heat Pump system with axilaury heat and A/c, I want to replace the Honey programmable thermostat, but still reluctant to install it myself since the wire label different. My new Honeywell model is TH6110D1005 and it has following wire label. G O/B (W) C Y R Rc ...

Patch or replace roof [ 4 Answers ]

Should I patch my roof or replace entire roof?

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

View more questions Search