Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alergic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Removing cigarette smoke odor from car
    What is the best way to rid a cloth interior of a cigarette stench?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 05:41 PM

You can take it to a auto detailer and have it cleaned. Then maybe fabreeze after that if needed. Also allow the car to air out when possible.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alergic View Post
    What is the best way to rid a cloth interior of a cigarette stench?
    There are good air purification machines available(perhaps in a tool rental outfit, not sure but might be worth checking into),also a restoration company that serviced my home had a machine exactly for this,it was an ozone maker,it naturally neutralized smoke odors.not a toxic thing as I slept in the home while it was running for 2 days.

I also have use a friends cleaner,can't remember then name offhand,but it made ozone also,quite pricey,but it sure did the job well.
    rstella Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 03:58 AM
    I would strongly recommend Febreze - it does a great job on pretty much everything I've used it on.
    Dysenchanted Posts: 72, Reputation: 34

Sep 4, 2010, 10:22 AM

I use febreeze and an airfreshener (the kind that dangle from the mirror) to mask the smell.

I guess if you want to REMOVE the smell, get the interior prefessionally cleaned. Probably not a good idea if you're going to continue smoking in your car... too expensive to keep doing over and over.
    alergic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 02:11 PM
    I use Febreeze, but it seems to just add a perfume on top of the soot. Get it detailed and maybe try one of those cigarette-lighter air purifiers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing smoke smell from clothing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to remove the smoke smell from laundry that has been through a fire?

Car smoke and consume too much petrol [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My girlfriend car smoke and consume too much fue, on short distances. She drive Fiat Pallio Go 1.2 Thanks

Preventing or eliminating cigarette smoke in a house [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are non-smokers, but my mother, a heavy smoker, has come to live with us. It is very difficult to get her not to smoke in the house or to get her to smoke only in designated areas. How do we sufficiently prevent and/or eliminate the offensive smell of cigarette smoke in our home?

Car Cigarette Lighters [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how they worked. A little bit of background info.

Removing hard wired smoke alarm [ 2 Answers ]

Mcsteph here again. I wish to remove a hard wired smoke detector but cannot find the fuse that switches it off. Is there a fuse or is it always on? Either way, how do I remove it without smelling like burnt pork? TKRussell? anyone?:confused:

View more questions Search