Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Jul 14, 2010, 02:12 AM
    My mom needs a good hobby..
    My mom has back trouble and isn't able to do a sport hobby or exercise, but I see that she's really troubled about not feeling productive at times. I was hoping to find her a hobby. She doesn't like to volunteer I have noticed or garden.. so those are not hobbies I see that interest her. She's creative, she used to paint but hasn't picked up a brush in 10 years (don't know why... ). She seems in a bit of a rut. I see she's starting to become a reader which she wasn't so much as I remember. Scrapbooking is also something I know she totally dislikes... as well as baking (lol). I would appreciate some ideas.. thanks in advance...
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Jul 17, 2010, 05:29 AM

Wow no one answered my question... hmmm :/
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 05:32 AM

How about cross stitch?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 01:47 AM
    Hi, SweetDee!

Does she play a musical instrument or like to sing, please?

Thanks!
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 24, 2010, 05:35 PM

I think playing a musical instrument is a wonderful idea. This is a great way to express her creativity.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 05:39 PM

I think the art route would be the way to go. Buy her some paints and supplies, including pencils for sketching.

I know the pain and frustration that comes with back trouble. The painting and drawing won't be too taxing on her spine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 06:16 PM

Join the library's book discussion group. Volunteer at the library (there are lots of sit-down jobs). Join AMHD.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:09 PM

She might try quilting,
    That's what my wife does,
    And she really enjoys it.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:16 PM

Maybe if she likes to use the computer.. Geneolgy.. tracing the family tree.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jul 27, 2010, 09:10 PM

Maybe you could let use your computer and answer all these questions on here, she just might get hooked!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    maybe you could let use your computer and answer all these questions on here, she just might get hooked!
    Good idea. She would love it here!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 09:51 PM

Scrapbooking.

If she's creative, that's a great thing to do.

She can make albums from old pictures, or do albums as gifts for you and her other kids.

It's a great way to preserve memories, make them fun, and it's a great hobby.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Jul 27, 2010, 10:42 PM

What about the art idea... painting, bead jewlery, join card game groups, and I love the family tree idea mentioned! I work in an art studio, there are so many things one can get their hands on. Take her to Michaels! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good hobby for my dad [ 14 Answers ]

My father is a recovering alcoholic and is getting his back on track. He is going through a divorce and all that good stuff.. I am away at college but my 11 year old little brother. I think it is important he finds another hobby that's not extremely expensive but he works a lot. Any suggestions?...

What is a good hobby [ 15 Answers ]

What is a good hobbie that is very intresting and fun to do.

Good dad bad mom [ 8 Answers ]

I have had residentail custody of my daughter since the court awarded her to me at the ae of 4 months when her mother tested positive for PCP. I live in Illinois and the mother lives in New Jersey. Now 5 months later the lother is trying to fight for custody. She continues to make bad decisions....

My Mom dropped off my 17 yearold brother and said good luck [ 3 Answers ]

First off I am a 28 year old single guy. I was living in a house with a roommate until November. Some things happened where she could no longer afford the house that we were living in. She had less money due to a job change so we both decided that we would get our own places. I was moving in on...

I'm never good enough for my mom [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried for years to make my mother like me, she nevr has, all I ask is why she doesn't? I have one other brother and he is a screw up in every sense of the word but she has favored him since I was little , he is 13 years older than me. When I was little my mom would look at me and I could see...

View more questions Search