Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 09:57 AM
    I have no idea why it is called Chicken Pox. :confused: :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 10:00 AM
    It won't do you any harm. But don't take any more. Aspirin, even children's Aspirin can cause an illness called Reye's Syndrome. It is especially dangerous if you take aspirin and have chickenpox. This is a very dangerous illness, so your parents should not have any form of Aspirin in the house until all kids are over the age of 16 - 18.

DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE ASPIRIN!! NOT EVEN PEPTO-BISMOL IF YOU GET A STOMACH ACHE!! Pepto has aspirin in it.

Tell your parents that they should get rid of all aspirin products in your house. Use tylenol, motrin or advil instead.

Dec 16, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Here's the answer! This one is interesting. :)

http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tph...,,3q8n,00.html

I guess if you pop them you get something akin to Hummous? :rolleyes: :)
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
    I found another interesting one here

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1006041001444

Dec 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
    That's an interesting link. Any one of those seems plausible. I have no idea which one of those is correct. :)
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 10:16 AM
    If there is even a correct answer?:confused::rolleyes:

However, I cannot stress how important it is for a child NOT to take Aspirin! :eek:

Reye's Syndrome is noted to happen if you give a child who has chickenpox aspirin. This is a VERY dangerous illness, and I really prefer not to get into just how dangerous it actually is!

Aspirin or any aspirin containing product should ONLY be given with a doctor's prescription to children under the age of 16 - 18.

Dec 16, 2006, 10:40 AM
    I'm in total agreement here. Please listen to J_9, she most definitely knows what she is talking about. Please tell your parents not to use aspirin anymore.
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 01:45 PM
    My parents already know. My dad was upset when he found out.

And Im an only child. ;]

Can I take children's advil and such?
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Yes, take advil, motril or Tylenol, get the aspirin out of the house!!

Dec 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
    The aspirin I took was Bayers.

And one of the pox I had on my chest popped.. but now there is something hard, like skin sticking out of it, and a pink ring around it..

Dec 16, 2006, 01:50 PM
    And I noticed another lump like the one behind my neck at the base of my skull, right behind my ear.
    HOLLY.W Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 03:52 PM
    Are you better? What did your doctor say? How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boils... Boils.. Boils... Help me please! [ 10 Answers ]

I have a very bad problem with boils... Right now I have about 4 to 5 on my body at this time... and I don't know what is causing them... lately I've been getting them around my bra line. And when they burst they are leaving gapping holes under my breast, on my back, on my sides and in my growing...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Kind of red bump on my penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 years old, and I was wacking off a couple days ago, and felt this bump, it's like the color of my penis. I'm circumsized. I don't know if that makes a difference. What should I do? Could someone PLEASE give me some advice, I'm like freaking out here. I don't want to loose my dick.

View more questions Search