Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 08:23 AM
    If you get medicine, all of it can be in liquid form. You can ask the pharmcist/chemist to fill your prescription in liquid so you don't have to swallow the pills!!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Good. I'm glad to hear you'll be able to see a doctor. That would be the best thing.
    No, you'll be totally fine I'm sure. I really doubt it's anything very serious. Hopefully J_9 will respond to you later.
    They may end up giving antihistamine (allergy medication) or antibiotics for a brief time, or something, depending on the cause -- but that would help you to feel better, and I'm sure it wouldn't be for long if they did.
    Try to let us know after Monday how you're doing, and what the doctor had to say. I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the holidays. :)

Dec 16, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Oh, hi, you're here. Good. :)
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 08:34 AM
    The lumps are rasied and filled with fluids... o.o
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Hmmm, where are they again? Behind your knee, your head, and your back? You only have 3?

Dec 16, 2006, 08:41 AM
    I developed more last night. There's one on my neck, 2 on my back, 1 on each arm, one behind my knee, and 2 on my scalp.

They keep popping up.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Hi, Thomas, glad you are here too.:D

Now, let's see, do they itch?:confused:

Dec 16, 2006, 08:49 AM
    There's an open and a closed one on my cheek, one on my forehead, and one on my left temple.

Dec 16, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Yes they do. But if I scratch them they pop and get very sore.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Have you ever had chicken pox?

Dec 16, 2006, 08:54 AM
    No. But chicken pox aren't rasied fluid filled sores, are they?
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Yes, chickenpox are raised sores with clear fluid.

I believe you have chickenpox. I know I said in one of my earlier posts that I did not think this was the problem. But I have since changed my mind. Where I live there are MANY kids your age that have them right now.

So, best you can do, even the doctor will tell you this. Take cool baths, take benadryl for the itching, there is a lotion called Aveeno that can be used for the itching too.

But I do believe you might have chickenpox

Dec 16, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Actually, yes, they do become blisters. Though commonly a bit smaller, they can reach the size of a dime. If they are chicken pox, you definitely would not want to scratch them, as this could causing scarring upon healing. As well, make sure your parents do not give you aspirin if there is any chance you have this, as this could cause some complications. Tylenol or Advil would likely be okay though.

Dec 16, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Adding oatmeal to a bath can be good for the itching as well.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Thomas is right. Any person under the age of 16 should not take anything with Aspirin in it.

Do not scratch as Thomas said, it will scar. Also, this is highly contagious, so you will be out of school for a while if it is chickenpox.

You should get bed rest, tylenol or advil will help with any fever you might get. Your mom can make a paste of baking soda and water to put on the "bumps" to help relieve the itching.

Dec 16, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Can chickenpox pop?

Why are they called chicken pox anyway. Did they originate in chickens? XD

Dec 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
    The lump behind my neck is not like the sores, it's the color of my skin.

Dec 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
    I took aspirin yesterday for a headache.. :l
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Just one aspirin won't hurt you, just don't take any more until you are at least 16. You can take Tylenol, Advil or Motrin though.

I don't know why it is called chicken pox, maybe Thomas knows. There are many reasons, but it has nothing to do with chickens.

Thy lump behind your neck may be an enlarged lymph node. This is common with chickenpox.

Just do a Google search and you will find out A LOT about chickenpox.

Dec 16, 2006, 09:49 AM
    It was a chewable children's asprin. I don't think that will do me any harm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boils... Boils.. Boils... Help me please! [ 10 Answers ]

I have a very bad problem with boils... Right now I have about 4 to 5 on my body at this time... and I don't know what is causing them... lately I've been getting them around my bra line. And when they burst they are leaving gapping holes under my breast, on my back, on my sides and in my growing...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Kind of red bump on my penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 years old, and I was wacking off a couple days ago, and felt this bump, it's like the color of my penis. I'm circumsized. I don't know if that makes a difference. What should I do? Could someone PLEASE give me some advice, I'm like freaking out here. I don't want to loose my dick.

View more questions Search