Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    51bgstfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2003, 08:37 PM
    Living Organisms
    !
    List and briefly discuss the properties consistent with living organisms. (these are the fundamental criteria which must be met to consider a substance to be "alive") :o
    nishant_yagnick Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2004, 08:38 PM
    Living Organisms
    Life is a very elluding topic.what we can call alive and what we can't is a subject ofheavy controversy.
    A more simplified version would state these characteristics
    1)movement(whether internal or locomotion)
    2)nutrition
    3)egestion
    4)respiration(the breakdown of substances)
    5)metabolic thought process(control and coordination)
    6)homeostasis
    I'm hope I'm not missing anything.discussion of these things would be very long and tedious, I'm sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living with a felony [ 40 Answers ]

Do companies have the right to exclude a candidate from a job position based on a felony conviction? I was recently hired by an IT consulting firm to do a software deployment for a major bank. The consulting firm investigated my background, after I had fully disclosed the information to them. ...

Living in NY working in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

What type of taxes will I have living in NY and working in NJ? Do I get taxed twice or what? Why do I have to pay taxes in NY if I'm in NJ? Im confused about this whole thing is it worth living in NY and working in NJ?

Living n Nj and working in Ny [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just move to Jersey City, NJ and I work in Manhattan, NY. I would like to know what taxes do I pay to NY and what do I pay to NJ and what is the by-weekly percentage taken off for each one of these deductions. Thank yoou

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

View more questions Search