Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious714 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Dec 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Situation...
    I have a situation. About 2 weeks ago I was on my last row of birth control pills which are the inactive pills. On my first day which is when I'm supposed to get my period I did not get it and instead I just got a brown discharge that lasted only for a few hours that day. Maybe 2 or 3 days after that I missed one of the inactive pills and had unprotected sex. After that day I had stopped taking my pills altogehter. A week later I had unprotected sex again while not on the pill. I want to know what my chances of being pregnant are. Last month I didn't get my period either I just had the brown discharge. The only other symptoms I have is an increase in appetite and I've been burping a lot, and have bad gas cramps that make me have to use the bathroom and a few days I can't seem to get out of bed. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE THINKING.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 03:46 PM
    I think you should make a doctor's appointment. Then you need to consider if you are ready to be a parent. If you are not ready for a lifelong commitment that a child requires and that you will end up having with the father of the child, then you need to take a more active role in your sexual health and make sure you take the pills exactly as directed.

Increase in appetitie and burping are not signs of pregnancy this early, if in fact you are pregnant.

Dec 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
    I sometimes wonder is it possible I could already be pregnant from last month and not realize the signs... I'm very confused and don't know what to think about this... I don't get my period which is a sign of pregnancy I know that.. but is that enough? Or is there something else that's causign me not to have it.. I don't stress out that much.

I have an appointment next week at a clinic to take a pt... is it to soon or no?
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Well, it is not too soon, you could take a hpt first thing in the morning. I hope the clinic does a blood test.

Yes, no period is enough to concern you. Many women never get any other symptoms.

Stress, whether you realize you are under it or not, can cause this problem too. You really need to be checked out in person rather than over the internet though.

Dec 15, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Well, it is not too soon, you could take a hpt first thing in the morning. I hope the clinic does a blood test.

Yes, no period is enough to concern you. Many women never get any other symptoms.

Stress, whether you realize you are under it or not, can cause this problem too. You really need to be checked out in person rather than over the internet though.

Thank you for keep on replying.. do you think I can take a test any day before I go to the clinic or that's too soon?

Being someone who has been pregnant... do you think it's a good possibility I could be?

My situation isn't simple and this is why I'm so confused...

I don't get my period and only SOMETIMES ill get a very little clear mucus when I wipe...
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 04:11 PM
    I really cannot honestly give you an opinion whether you are or not. Take an hpt first thing in the morning, first morning urine is the best.

These questions are questions that you need to bring up with your doctor. We can only guess here, and that is not going to help you.

Until then treat your body as though you are pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prayer doesn't help my situation. Can you? [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I keep ending up in dire financial straits. In previous posts, I questioned whether this was luck, past relatives getting revenge, etc. and, with your help, began to really pay closer attention to what goes on between my husband and I. Quite simply, our economic mishaps seem to...

What to do about my situation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 96 T/C Van with 137,000 miles and a V6 me and my wife and kids went to Ohio over the weekend and on the way back it just stopped running on the interstate.before I Had a upstream o2 sensor replaced by the crysler dealership and they said they ran a diag.test on it said everything is fine...

Bad situation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay let me explain the story my 4 year old son had to get work done on his teeth so anyway we paid a load of money for the time the anthesiologist so time passed and then they sent me a letter stationg I needed to pay 1010.00 and I said shouldn't the dental insurance pay the rest of that they said...

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

My Situation... [ 18 Answers ]

I had been dating this girl for about 15 months. We seem to have been perfect for each other. We almost never got into arguments and when we did, it was over within an hour. Everything was just going perfectly, we considered marriage in the future (after college in like two years) and both had...

View more questions Search