Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diane4859 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 08:21 AM
    scratch ticket addiction
    My husband is addicted to lottery scratch tickets.
    I've asked him not to take money out of our checking account for scratch tickets because we can't afford it. I've been out of work since February, (= 1/2 of our household income).
    So...
    I've since noticed when paying our bills, he has been taking cash advances on his credit cards.
    I talked to him this morning and showed him a couple of the credit card statements, pointing out the fees they charge.
    Example:
    For a $20.00 cash advance, it actually cost $32.00 -
    $22.00 is listed as the amount in the "transactions" section and another $10.00 in the "fees" section for a total of $32.00.
    He said he knows he has a problem and is addicted to scratch tickets, but didn't say he would try to stop or he needs and wants help.
    How do I suggest he needs help, without hurting his feelings and/or upsetting him?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 08:29 AM

If he actually realizes that he needs help, then try this site:Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Good luck to you both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scratch off sticker [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am looking for a manufacture that sells silver and gold scratch off sticker. Domestic or global. Thanks

Scratch on the Penis [ 2 Answers ]

I have a scratch on the side of my penis. It burns when it rubs against my boxers. What should I put on it so it will heal quickly?

Scratch off ticket [ 1 Answers ]

In Florida is it okay to mail a scratch off lottery ticket to a friend In New York city??

I want to start from scratch [ 36 Answers ]

Entire story merged My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months. Everything has been wonderful up until recently. All of the sudden he wants to hang out with his friends ALL the time and we never see/talk to each other anymore. It really kills me because sometimes he's emotionally...

Lottery ticket scratch off [ 2 Answers ]

The game is called Hold Em Poker: My Cards were: Q J House Cards were: 10 9 Both me and the house can draw three cards from the community cards which were: 7- J-A-8-J

View more questions Search