Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kieranogrady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Define "60 Day Notice", on a Texas Lease, please?!
    My lease was up on March 15th, but I needed to give "60 Day Notice". On February 16th I gave my 60 Day Notice. So, that to me would mean that on April 16th, I would need to be out of my apartment, correct? I am confused by the laws in TX and the way that the Leases are written. Can someone clarify it for me please?

My old complex has turned me over to collections for a full month's rent (at market value, which is close to $300 more than I paid), they've kept my pet deposit of $150 and billed me an additional $75 (when that was all the repair cost) and they are trying to charge me for cleaning fees when they entered my apartment 4 days prior to my lease being up and I had a friend that I had paid to clean the apartment. I'm getting screwed and can't get any answers. Someone help, please!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 08:05 AM

You had to give a full 60 days notice - this means two full months. You gave notice following your rent payment date of February 15. Therefore, your 2 months begin to run as of March 15th. You would leave on or before May 15th (which is 2 months).

Ask for photographs of the damages and bills.

They are correct about the rent. I have no way of knowing about the damages. If they take you to Court you can defend against the damages with photographs and testimony.
    kieranogrady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    That makes no sense... I gave them 2 full months of rent, AFTER I gave my notice on Feb 16th. Plus, I was on a "split month" payment, 1/2 on the 1st and 1/2 on the 15th. I was NEVER late on rent and I always called to get the exact balance for wate
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 08:19 AM

Please don't post follow up in the comments box - your post was cut off.

I'm telling you the Law. Your lease requires 60 days notice, other words for two months. I already explained how the time frame runs.

If you don't believe what I said let them take you to Court, argue your position and let a Judge decide it.

You had to give notice consisting of two rental periods. You did not - you should have given notice BEFORE February 15th, not the day after.

I have seen Court decisions - and I work in the legal system - that totally baffled me. Let them take you to Court and come back and let us know how it played out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Unemployment status is "processed", but the next day it's "pending". [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean if one day your unemployment status says "processed", but the next day it says it's "pending"?

Define "sku" [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning and use of "sku in web sites?

Define "to cat about" [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to help my daughter with her homework and she has to define "to cat about." We are having a problem finding this phrase. Please help.

Girls - Define "dating" . [ 2 Answers ]

I need to define a few terms - if you are dating someone, and you aren't exclusive and see other people, yet have sex with them, at what point does 'dating' equal 'promiscuous' ? Where do you draw the line?

View more questions Search