Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 13, 2010, 05:57 AM
    Joining Florida Townhouse
    Can you purchase two adjoining Florida townhouses and then combine the two after receiving a OK from the Building Department? Thank you, Tom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 05:58 AM

What does the condo board say?
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 13, 2010, 07:08 AM

Hey Jude! (sung by the Beatles)
    Take a peek over on "construction" a check out the "firewall" thread.
    Let me know what you think and feel free to jump in. Thanks! Tom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 07:57 AM

Side note - Tom, how you made me smile. My late husband used to sing "Hey, Jude" to me all the time and you just brought back some great memories.

On my way to the firewall thread.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 08:25 AM

Hey Tom, I agree with judy. This question needs an answer from the city building and zoning as well as the HOA.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 13, 2010, 02:27 PM

This isn't what The poster over at " firewall" in construction sez.
    He claims that joining two units together is outlawed in all codes.
    Go look and feel free to jump in.
    Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Townhouse Basement Flooding [ 14 Answers ]

Hi! I have a problem with my basement. It floods after extended and heavy rain maybe twice a year. The water comes in from a below ground basement window. The water actually pools in the window well and comes in around the seal of the window. Obviously the first thing to do would be replace the...

Two Tenants on one Townhouse: Separate Leases [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new landlord and looking for renting my townhouse to 2 tenants. One tenant will take upper floor with 1 bedroom/1bath and second tenant will be taking middle floor with 2 bd/1bath with common areas on ground floor as living area, kitchen etc. I already got first tenant who we know personally...

Sewage Odor in Basemnt of new Townhouse [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing because I was concerned about an odor coming from my storage room in my new townhouse that was built in April of 07. The pipes are all in there and I did smell it a few weeks back but very mild. Tonight I went downstairs and it smells very strong it's even coming through the door...

Uneven vent flow in townhouse [ 5 Answers ]

I checked the basement and currently all dampers are open from the air handler. There's three main "exits" from the handler, one w/ damper to the basement vents, one w/ damper to main floor, and then a direct feed straight up for the upstairs. The house is a townhouse build in the mid 80s. The...

Clogged Townhouse Sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My bathroom sink is clogged on the third floor of my townhouse. It takes a very short time to back up (washing my hands for instance), and it takes hours for the water to drain. I took the trap off and it was clear. I also went 25 feet in with the auger and there were no clogs in the...

View more questions Search