Ask
    dharmender68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 02:24 AM
    Lizard repellent
    How do I get rid of the lizards.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 02:34 AM

Most commercial reptile repellants use odor for their action. The best use sulfur and napthalene(mothball crystals). They work on me as well; I can't stand being near an area treated with them.

Consider solutions that involve less airborne but just as strong flavors, such as paprika or cumin. I have seen cases where paprika worked quite well.
    htxlarissa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 04:56 AM
    Why would you want to do that? They eat roaches, ants, flies... they eat pests, they aren't pests themselves!
    jackylegs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
    But they all over the house
    jackylegs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by htxlarissa View Post
    Why would you want to do that? They eat roaches, ants, flies...they eat pests, they aren't pests themselves!
    Cos they all over the house & even on high parts of the wall
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jun 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
    Repellents wear out and need to be replaced, are of questionable efficacy, messy and smell obnoxious. Exclusion is a better answer. Plug the holes in your house where they get in. Fix window screens, install threshold bumpers, install weather stripping, use expandable foam where pipes enter the house, repair foundation vents, install a garage door sweep, sweep the spiders out of the garage, keep the clutter down, prune bushes trees away from the house, rake leaves up.

You must have a lot of friendly lizards for them to be coming into the house. Lizards outside in the garden are fascinating - the way they run, look, catch bugs, fight and mate... You can chase them. Learn to like them, or at least ignore them, when they're outside.

If they get inside, leave the door open, darken the room and shoo them towards the door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard menace [ 3 Answers ]

How to control lizards in the house?

Natural Flea Repellent Products-does anyone know? [ 12 Answers ]

The Safety of using Natural Flea Repellent Products - who is approving them?:mad: I am interested in educating myself in using safe NATURAL - "Alternative/Holistic" type of Flea Repellent products. But, I am wondering about their safety, i.e. the essential oils - ingredients - i.e. as per the...

Lizard birth [ 7 Answers ]

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD! Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet. Here's what happened: Just after dinner one night, my son came up...

Marigolds a repellent for pests of another plant? [ 1 Answers ]

Do marigolds repel certain pests from another garden/yard plant? What are the pests and what is the plant? Thanks.

Non-Toxic Flea repellent [ 13 Answers ]

Does anyone use a natural flea repellent for their dog? Does it work? How often do you use it?

View more questions Search