Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akaneel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 12:37 AM
    Grant received not to be shown as grant
    We have received a grant but we don't want to show that as grant in our financial statements, what are the other options available?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Why would you NOT want to do the right thing and show the truth?

Deceptive actions can have many repercussions.

If I wrote you the grant and you were going to mislabel or redirect the funds,I would have you arrested.
    akaneel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 07:54 AM
    Comment on KBC's post
    It is not hiding the truth! Its just a matter of choice of accounting e.g. to show it as subordinated loan, and we want to do this in accordance with IRFSs and have intimated the donors as well to get tax benefits
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 10:11 AM
    It is not hiding the truth! Its just a matter of choice of accounting e.g. to show it as subordinated loan, and we want to do this in accordance with IRFSs and have intimated the donors as well to get tax benefits
    IRFSs? Please explain who this is.

Tax benefits from a grant?Please describe how that can occur,legally please.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jul 13, 2010, 04:08 PM

What was the grant for? A business or what ? Seems to me you are trying to hide something!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own home health care business and I have been searching online, but I don't know where to begin, most websites want you to download or pay for there services and I don't have the cash. Can someone please help me on, how to apply for a grant.

Are there taxes to be paid on Grant Money received? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen and will be receiving grant money in increments and in Euro Funds. Would this money be taxable? Thank you Janis R.

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

View more questions Search