Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thealteredchick Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Getting asafe hotel when you use a "name your own price.
    This past weekend was very scary. We are teo ladies in our 60s that needed a hotel for 3 nights in a city I don't know. We went on priceline and picked the areas within an OK driving, and from middle on up in price. The hotel was OK. Not as clean as it could be. But it was the only occupied building on the dead end street. The other hotels were failing down, homeless were living there. In fact two tred to stop us on the road to the hotel. They knew where we went, deadend st. We thoght from the middle rating on up would be safe, how can you trust these name your own price deals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 04:55 PM

I guess it is a what you are looking for, how many star hotel, one rule is never to bid on anything that is not a 4 start or better.

The other, some of the best hotels in Atlanta are within a block of homeless and they will be on the street all around these places.
    *** they don't want to beg where poor people are.

There is no way if you use priceline to pick a specific hotel, just general areas
    thealteredchick Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks but, It was in a very depressed area, buildings falling down, rats, etc. The highest was 4, I thought 3 would be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking hotel permission to send our therapits to provide service in the hotel room [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I want to introduce our spa business to a hotel group and would like to put our brochure there. Further I want to send my staff to that hotel to provide room service, if the hotel clients needs the massage. how can I ask permission to the hotel management and to whom I have to write. I...

Goods on consigment out at sale price ( including gross profit 50% of selling price) [ 1 Answers ]

This goods should be included in who's inventory. Having on mind that goods on consingment in belong to the consigner.

Letter to Hotel requesting to review price [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to write a letter to the GM of the hotel explaining that their sales team are not responsive for a regular stay client but keep sticking to their sales pitch. I am not sure how to start the letter and end it off. Thanks

Women Hotel [ 5 Answers ]

A group of girlfriends is on vacation when they see a 5-story hotel with a sign that reads: "For Women Only". Since they are without their boyfriends and husbands, they decide to go in. The bouncer, a very attractive guy, explains to them how it works. "We have 5 floors. Go up floor by floor,...

View more questions Search