Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheraz04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 05:01 AM
    "Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App
    Hi All,

Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net.

Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it.

Now, I have to merge this database with other .Net Application. I want that instead of making queries and graphs using VB.Net once again. I simply want to call form of Access from a Button in .Net and all other work done by form in Access would be same as I done it earlier.

I hope, everybody uinderstands what I want. Your help will be really apprecited.

Regards

Sheraz
    sheraz04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 09:47 PM

I have done it using the code below

Dim accessApp As Object

Set accessApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
    accessApp.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\My
    Documents\Access\ScriptExample\MultiSelect.mdb")
    accessApp.Visible = True
    accessApp.DoCmd.OpenForm "unboundcheckbox"

this code opens the Form but immediately closes it.

Your help will be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

How to fill out the "entry date" and "Length of stay" of W-7 form? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My parents first entered US in Sep 2007, and then left in Jan 2008; then re-entered in Feb 2008, and left in Aug 2008. How to fill out the "entry date" and "Length of stay" of W-7 form for this? 1) for "Entry Date", which entry date should be used? 2) for "Length of stay", I need to...

View more questions Search