Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khader111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Is ghodphod Haram or Halaal?
    Assalamualaikum,

Brother, Is Ghodphod (people eat it for sexual strength, looks like a long lizard/reptile) Haraam or Halaal in Islam? I know you as a person who provides a reference for every answer and I would appreciate the same in this answer as well. Jazakallah.
    bluefairy_nebul Posts: 163, Reputation: 18

Jul 20, 2010, 08:13 PM

Walaikum salam,

It is not allowed in Islam to eat reptiles. So if "Ghodphod" is a kind of reptile as you have mentioned here-it is haram.
    mohammed qayyum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 05:30 AM
    Was salam godhphod is halaal in islam the referance ,sahi al bukhari book number 65 and hadith number 303
    Thoufiq12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 07:37 AM
    Ghodpod is neither haraam nor halal its makru. Once when Mohammed SAW and his people after their was were very hungry and his people walked up to him with a ghodphod and asked if they can eat it and huzoor looked at it and just turned without answering the question because if he would answer ghodphod would become halal for future generations and if he said no back then his people would die of hunger hence it is considered makru therfore if someone wants to eat it they'll have to make a hen eat ghodphod kheema and then eat the chicken.
    zubaair Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2013, 03:55 AM
    Food, Meals
    Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 65 :: Hadith 303
    Narrated Khalid bin Al-Walid:

That he went with Allah's Apostle to the house of Maimuna, who was his and Ibn 'Abbas' aunt. He found with her a roasted mastigure which her sister Hufaida bint Al-Harith had brought from Najd. Maimuna presented the mastigure before Allah's Apostle who rarely started eating any (unfamiliar) food before it was described and named for him. (But that time) Allah's Apostle stretched his hand towards the (meat of the) mastigure whereupon a lady from among those who were present, said, "You should inform Allah's Apostle of what you have presented to him. O Allah's Apostle! It is the meat of a mastigure." (On learning that) Allah's Apostle withdrew his hand from the meat of the mastigure. Khalid bin Al-Walid said, "O Allah's Apostle! Is this unlawful to eat?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but it is not found in the land of my people, so I do not like it." Khalid said, "Then I pulled the mastigure (meat) towards me and ate it while Allah's Apostle was looking at me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the salary gained from a non islamic bank be halaal [ 0 Answers ]

I am working in a bank in foring department but I'm not directly related to transections in bank loans.. so would my salary be halaal?

Is hops haram in ISLAM? [ 4 Answers ]

Is hops haram in ISLAM?

Is MLM haram [ 6 Answers ]

Assalamu alaikkum, Is MLM haram? I believe this is very generic Question. I want the answer to be specific to this concept not specific to any practices conducted in this businesses because even halal business can be conducted in haram way. So please tell me concept of MLM is haram or...

Is music HARAM [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Muhammad Mohid Hassan Iam 15 years old I want ask if music is haram or not because I have so much passion for music I have good voice and Im a good singer I writes songs but when ever I write songs the songs just come out of me I can't explain the feeling but its like allah is given a...

View more questions Search