Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missbiss64 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 02:15 PM
    Unit won't come on at all, twisted the hose and it kicked on for 5 sec,fan tried turn
    Blades tried to turn, but couldn't quite get started and then the unit quit again
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 02:16 PM

What hose?

Jul 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Comment on hvac1000's post
    It runs from right the box right under the (circuit breaker?)into the unit.

Jul 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
    More details. Neighbor left a note on door one day stating she turned off unit, because it was making loud noises. I recently moved in house and am unfamiliar with such units. She showed me how she did it by pulling out this piece, which I think looks like a circuit breaker. The piece was put back in, but the unit won't cut on at all. The thermostat makes a small clicking noise, when I move from auto to fan, or from off to cool. But the unit still does nothing. It was 94 degrees in the house yesterday, so I desperately tried to unscrew the hose I mentioned, thinking maybe it was clogged. I couldn't get it off, but messing with it made the unit kick on for a few seconds. It is a Janitrol.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2010, 02:55 PM

I don't understand the "Hose" that you are talking about. There are two copper lines going to the A, C, Unit and one electric line, so would you please explain the Hose.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missbiss64 View Post
    More details. Neighbor left a note on door one day stating she turned off unit, because it was making loud noises. I recently moved in house and am unfamiliar with such units. She showed me how she did it by pulling out this piece, which I think looks like a circuit breaker. The piece was put back in, but the unit won't cut on at all. The thermostat makes a small clicking noise, when I move from auto to fan, or from off to cool. But the unit still does nothing. It was 94 degrees in the house yesterday, so I desperately tried to unscrew the hose I mentioned, thinking maybe it was clogged. I couldn't get it off, but messing with it made the unit kick on for a few seconds. It is a Janitrol.
    Turn the piece upside down and plug back in. You are probably talking about the outside disconnect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside fan will not turn off on AC unit [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a mobile home. I have a new 3 1/2 ton package unit-all outside/ Today the weather was really nice so I turned off the unit at the Thermostat and opened the windows. But I heard something and went to check. The fans on the outdoor unit are still running. It will not turn off. The...

Fan on ouside unit won't turn [ 5 Answers ]

We have an amana outside central air conditioner unit and when we turn it on it squeals and the fan on the unit doesn't turn. When my husband turned it manually it started and ran fine but when it shut down and started back up the fan did the same thing. We are trying to figure out what part...

Fan in AC unit doesn't turn without assistance [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane unit outside. When the air cycles, I have to get a screwdriver and give the blade a little nudge for it to turn. It's fine until the unit cycles off again. I looked at the run capacitor and didn't see any bulges. The condenser and everything else works fine. Does this sound like...

Outside unit fan won't turn [ 2 Answers ]

I have just moved into a home with an older heat pump, sometimes when the heat comes On in the house the outside unit makes a loud humming noise but the fan does not turn I am new to heat pumps so I don't know if this is normal or not. Any help offered would be appreciated.

Ac Unit Fan will not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

My outdoor AC unit recently stopped working. When we power it on from the thermostat it clicks and theMy outdoor AC unit recently stopped working. When we power it on from the thermostat it clicks and then makes a sound like it is attempting to turn on, but the fan doesn't power on. Every minute or...

View more questions Search