Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subra_pr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 04:12 AM
    design of 10MW Coal based power Plant?
    Given the fuel as Coal with calorific value as 3500 K.cal/kg , what are the factors to be considered for designing the power plant of 10 MW capacity?
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Its not the amount of energy you wish to produce it is the way best efficiently to do it , if it be 10MW or 10000MW, a 100% efficient coal power station, most as normal boiler/furnaces/generator/turbine to turn generator, but then include this the exhaust pipe for the furnaces and the exhaust pipe for the boiler meet into one large exhaust then this larger exhaust heads away from the source either horizontally or curl it around the plant with the end of the pipe at the source of water the water intake pipes for the boiler run down the inside of the furnaces exhaust thus as the water heads to the boiler it is heated inside the exhaust pipe and like wise the water intake pipes will cool the exhaust fumes into a solid send a scrapper to collect this carbon/mixed with water vapor and mix it with the ashes from beneath the furnaces and press it into blocks to reuse as a solid fuel in the furnaces
    deepak vyas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 01:51 AM
    I am a diploma electrical student of second year
    I want a project report on thermal power plant 10 mw
    Please suggest me how to I can get a project report

Jul 27, 2012, 03:26 AM
    10MW is a very small amount of electric to produce from a coal power plant so the use of methods of efficiency can be use very effectively, i.e to condense the water vapour back to liquid and mix/ press the soot and ashes together to remake the solid fuel (coal) this would make it 100% efficient. To make a project report on this write it out in words then calculus

Jul 27, 2012, 03:30 AM
    This would also make the 10MW coal power plant 100% environmentally friendly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Detailed projrct report on coal fired power plant [ 3 Answers ]

Sir, I would like to get project report on coal fired power olant of 50 MW. Can any one guide us the source of obtaining this with the details of components(major) used in building this power plant.

Design of thermal power plant [ 1 Answers ]

Civil structural design of tpp

How we design a coal base thermal power plant? [ 6 Answers ]

What is cost for 6MW coal base thermal power plant?

Working of a coal based thermal plant [ 1 Answers ]

How does a coal based thermal plant work?

How we desgin a coal based thermal power plant ? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I want to know about the software used for desgining Coal Based Thermal Power Plant. If anybody knows about this type of software tell me. My some important queries are as follows. 1) How do we select the Boiler Auxiliaries? 2) How do we select the Steam Turbine Auxiliaries? 3)...

View more questions Search