Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trying2doRight Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 9, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Moving out of the USA while in a divorce
    I have been separated from my "husband" for 4 years. We have a 5 year old in common. He FINALLY filed for divorce a year ago. I have been happily in a relationship and am due to have his baby in August. My daughters father goes for weeks even months without seeing or calling her. He has wanted to spend time with her a few times,and only for a few hours during the day or one night over night. I make him sign an agreement when he does take her because I had an issue with him one time not bringing her home,and when I went to pick her up he got violent with me (while he knew I was pregnant) I called the police and they came to assist, he ripped our daughter out of my arms by her hips and ran around the block with her. I told the police that I wanted to press charges due to the fact he threw me against his house and made me fall. They told me that if I did they would take me to jail and him! Hum, great justice. Anyway, we had mediation and only agreed to us not having assests together. He would not agree to child support and demanded 50/50 (in hopes that he will not have to pay support) I have call records, and notes on each event to prove he is not around or taking responsibilty) I would like to move to the Netherlands due to the fact the father of my baby and the one taking care of my exs daughter has a business and home there, they education is much better and my daughter will have more opportunities with schooling, and it is so hard to survive here anymore. Although the divorce is not settled nor do we have a court date I would like to go there,get established and our daughter in school and return for the hearing date. Does anyone know how I go about that? Thank you so much for taking the time to read about my problems!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2010, 01:47 PM

You cannot leave the Country with a child without the written consent of the child's parents - both of them. Therefore, no, you cannot leave.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ml#post2428527

You would be foolish to leave during a pending divorce.

I don't know of any Court that will allow you to remove a child totally from her father without compelling circumstances and I don't see that here.

I notice you have a friend who apparently signed off on a child - ask how she managed to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving to India from USA for good - some questions. [ 1 Answers ]

I am Indian citizen and I have been working in the USA (H1-B) for the last 3 years. I am planning to move to India for good in the beginning of 2010. I have some questions in this regard. 1. I have around 25000$ USD in savings. What is the best way to take this money to India when I move back?...

Moving to boston usa [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have recently decided to move to the USA I will be living with a relative so I don't need accom and I also have a job lined up in a family business over there I was wondering what documents will I need to be there legally? Will I have to get a visa? And if so how much do they cost? Im...

Moving to USA from Northern Ireland [ 3 Answers ]

My friends and I are currently in school living in Northern Ireland and when were 18 we are wanting to go to university there. Our questions are.. Do we need a Green Card to do so? If so, how do we get one because they seem hard to get or you have to do some stupid lottery thing? Is it hard...

Bankruptcy & moving out of the USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, if I file for bankruptcy and move out of the USA to Europe (The Netherlands), how will this effect me? Will the consequences of my bankruptcy effect me in the new country? My debt is around $40K.

Moving out in USA [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to know some details about moving out in USA: when can you move out? Do we have to do something on the day we move out? ( party,permission... )do you any website to talk about it. I am living in Vietnam, a country in Asia. And to us, moving out is very rare. So I really want to know...

View more questions Search