Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aruncrusader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 01:25 AM
    WindowsNT Vs. WindowsXP
    Whts the differenece between Win NT & Win XP?
    sshah254 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Windows NT is the predecessor of Windows 2000 which is the predecessor of Windows XP.

Windows NT was released somewhere around 1993. Way too old an OS.

Sandip
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
    Hi Aruncrusader,
    Windows 2000 is the successor to Windows NT, and both are designed to be run on servers, such as with corporations and universities.
    Windows XP is primarily for personal computers, the follow-up to Windows 95 and Windows 98.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual installation; same partition; both windowsXP; How do I delete one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I installed two installations of windows xp on accident on my laptop hard drive. I tried to do a repair install but the cd I used was a silent install cd for windows and I forgot it was. So I ended up with two windows XP installs on my hard drive, both on partition C. The folders on the C...

WindowsXP process: dumprep.exe [ 5 Answers ]

After the 5th link here, I'm still cornfuzed. CPU usage jammed at 100% and 4 instances of dumprep.exe chowing down on my ram. I'm reading that it's unnecessary, but also reading that it should not be removed. If I click End Process I get a terrifying warning message about "undesired...

WindowsXP: Customize Start Menu [ 15 Answers ]

I use Classic Start Menu. When viewing Customize Classic Start Menu, I have a button for Sort... but when I click it, nothing happens. There is no recognizable order of the apps in Start > Programs. I want them alphabetized. How can I do this? Thanks!

View more questions Search